Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

21 - 40 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
The Spider is a girl...

This is the first vehicle (be it car or motorcycle) I have owned that I feel has a male gender. So if I was to name it, "he" would definitely have a guys name. I likely won't name him though. In normal conversation I just refer to him as "the spider".
Mine is totally female...but we still call her "The Spider"... ;)

·
Registered
529 Posts
I'm definitely not into naming cars...but my wife named HER Ruby. Don't know why. It's white.
Old post I know.........but

There is already an Abarth called Ruby in Australia .......:mad: Just do not get any ideas about driving her to Sydney ;)

PS: my wife called her Ruby after Ruby the Heart-stealer (look it up) ......something about a sad middle-aged guy trying to be all hip

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
A friend I met in college was adamant that FWD cars are girls and RWD cars are boys. So my Dodge Magnum is called Magnus, or Maggie for short, and the 124 Spider is called Giovanni.

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
A friend I met in college was adamant that FWD cars are girls and RWD cars are boys. So my Dodge Magnum is called Magnus, or Maggie for short, and the 124 Spider is called Giovanni.
And AWD cars are? Hermaphrodites?

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Little Foot because my Challenger is The Carbon Bigfoot.

·
Banned
425 Posts
My friend named it "007" and it stuck.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I haven't named my cars in the past but......Filomena, Seemed appropriate - the beloved girl in old school Italian

In today's Italian it's more of a slang way of referring to the hot chick

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=filomena

Filomena is a woman who appears very refined if a little haughty and who has a powerful presence.
Independent and headstrong, she has bags of energy and usually gets her way without too much difficulty.

Proud, and a little conceited

..........seemed fitting :)

·
Registered
958 Posts
My wife, Celeste, would be honored. Didn't think of that and chose Svelta instead.
I don't own the copyright, so you can use it also;).

·
Registered
76 Posts
Long story but "Ashley" is her name. She replaces "Abbey" the 500 Abarth. Her stable mates are;
Archey =S2000
Arnold= Sprite
Storm= BRZ

Other cars

Casper=1st BRZ
Betty=Evo X (A WW2 reference)??
Winston= Triumph GT6+
Puffer Belly= Spitfire (with bad rings) !!
Pitty Pitty putt putt= Cooper S (Real one)

·
Registered
9 Posts
My wife refers to the Blanco Gelato Lusso as "the Baby" but I prefer "Itsy Bitsy".
Name notwithstanding, it is a true sports car true to its heritage.
Quite an upgrade from my 1972 Spider purchased when I was 24,
driven across the country and back in the summer of 1972
and ultimately replaced by a 1977 Oldsmobile Cutlass in four years later.

And now, 45 years later, seeing the Lusso brings back some wonderful memories.

21 - 40 of 105 Posts