Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had protective film installed on the headlamps? I didn't find any kits offered online. It looks like this would be quite a challenge on the 124.
Best regards
Pete

·
Registered
2 Posts
I contacted Xpel this past September about the possibility of adding a headlight kit to their protective film assortment. I had the bumper kit installed, so my front end is protected with the exception of the headlights, which as we all add miles to our Spiders, we will all soon discover the expense of replacing a cracked or pitted housing that could have otherwise been avoided by having protective film applied. I received two replies from Xpel customer support as of 11/3 that my request has been sent to their design team. Given the extreme curvature of the headlights, I was told by my installer that a custom template would be required to cover the headlights, as they couldn’t improvise a solution without one.

Xpel offers protective film kits for just about every other part of the Spider, including front the bumper, hood, mirrors and rockers, except for the headlights. I imagine that if Xpel were to receive additional requests from Spider owners as more cars are sold, they may expedite the availability of a headlight kit. Requests can be submitted through the “contact us” link on Xpel.com. Squeaky wheels get the grease!

·
Super Moderator
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!
I'll send them a note.
Best regards
Pete

1 - 3 of 3 Posts