Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve just ordered a new Fiat 124 Classica here in the UK and I was just wondering, does the UK Classica have headrest speakers like the Lusso model has?

The Fiat dealership wasn’t sure

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Driver side only on USA Classica. Really, I rarely, if ever, notice that headrest speaker anyway. I just ignore it. I've got the base audio system with the short radio.

A little secret- you are going to have too much fun rambling your UK countrysides to even think of the headrest speaker! Sometimes I shut off the radio so I can enjoy the surroundings to the fullest.

Steve.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Classica doesn't have headrest speakers, I'm sure they only come with the Bose audio system in the UK, so pretty much Lusso plus or Abarth models.
Unless you can get one of the 2016 Anniversary 124's (second hand)which came with the Bose system and led lights.
That was the 2016/2017 spec, not very good if the Fiat dealer doesn't know what specs are with each model, are you getting a 2018 model

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Classica doesn't have headrest speakers, I'm sure they only come with the Bose audio system in the UK, so pretty much Lusso plus or Abarth models.
Unless you can get one of the 2016 Anniversary 124's (second hand)which came with the Bose system and led lights.
That was the 2016/2017 spec, not very good if the Fiat dealer doesn't know what specs are with each model, are you getting a 2018 model
I know you get a driver side one in the Lusso trim as that’s what my dad has. Ah well, could be worse.

No, I’m just getting a 2017 model. Too impatient to order a 2018 one.

Which one have you got?

·
Registered
24 Posts
The answer is a happy YES - you will have drivers-side headrest speakers.

I have a standard UK 2016 Classica with the simple small stereo (no Bose stereo upgrade, no tablet/screen), and I DO have those 2 little speakers - one in each side of the drivers headrest.

NOT in the passenger headrest though.

Perhaps if you pay extra for the Bose system you would get them in both headrests, and you might perhaps get a better quality of speaker (I am not sure), but the bog standard ones that comes in the Classica sound terrific to me - you don't really feel as though the music is coming through the headrest speakers - it's more of a surround-sound effect. I only noticed how well they work when I popped my woolly hat over the headrest & accidentally muffled them. So now I can report that although they don't sound obvious you'll be glad to know that they are there, and that they do make a lovely difference!

When I was buying I could not tell (like you) from the Fiat specs whether or not I would get them, as they don't seem to be mentioned anywhere, so was v happy when I first pressed my ear into the headrests.

Regards!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The answer is a happy YES - you will have drivers-side headrest speakers.

I have a standard UK 2016 Classica with the simple small stereo (no Bose stereo upgrade, no tablet/screen), and I DO have those 2 little speakers - one in each side of the drivers headrest.

NOT in the passenger headrest though.

Perhaps if you pay extra for the Bose system you would get them in both headrests, and you might perhaps get a better quality of speaker (I am not sure), but the bog standard ones that comes in the Classica sound terrific to me - you don't really feel as though the music is coming through the headrest speakers - it's more of a surround-sound effect. I only noticed how well they work when I popped my woolly hat over the headrest & accidentally muffled them. So now I can report that although they don't sound obvious you'll be glad to know that they are there, and that they do make a lovely difference!

When I was buying I could not tell (like you) from the Fiat specs whether or not I would get them, as they don't seem to be mentioned anywhere, so was v happy when I first pressed my ear into the headrests.

Regards!
That's brilliant, thank you for confirming that. I've heard they work mainly with the bluetooth system for phone calls and work really well for it. This 2-3 week wait for delivery is going to kill me I'm so excited!

·
Registered
241 Posts
I know you get a driver side one in the Lusso trim as that’s what my dad has. Ah well, could be worse.

No, I’m just getting a 2017 model. Too impatient to order a 2018 one.

Which one have you got?
Sorry Mentaldrummer66, I thought you were asking about the Audio system when you asked about the speakers.
I managed to pick up a 2016 Anniversary first registered in Sept 16, in March 17 with 1200 miles on it at a fair discount on the new purchase price.
It's tucked up in the garage now, waiting until the salts gone off the roads, it's a midlife crisis fun car haha

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry Mentaldrummer66, I thought you were asking about the Audio system when you asked about the speakers.
I managed to pick up a 2016 Anniversary first registered in Sept 16, in March 17 with 1200 miles on it at a fair discount on the new purchase price.
It's tucked up in the garage now, waiting until the salts gone off the roads, it's a midlife crisis fun car haha
Haha, no problem mate. Everyone on here is saying it's their mid-life crisis car but I'm only 21 lol. Going to be so much fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts