Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just drove my wife's 2016 Mazda 3 equipped with a Heads-up display. It is primitive in comparison to a Corvette for example but it was very informational and then I wondered why Fiat didn't include this in the 124 Abarth. My wife's Mazda 3's dash, steering wheel, 7" screen and radio controls are almost identical as my 124 Abarth so it wouldn't have been a major change. Anyone who has driven a car with a Heads-up displays knows how great they are after to become accustom to them. May in newer models. Cheers

·
Registered
560 Posts
Just drove my wife's 2016 Mazda 3 equipped with a Heads-up display. It is primitive in comparison to a Corvette for example but it was very informational and then I wondered why Fiat didn't include this in the 124 Abarth. My wife's Mazda 3's dash, steering wheel, 7" screen and radio controls are almost identical as my 124 Abarth so it wouldn't have been a major change. Anyone who has driven a car with a Heads-up displays knows how great they are after to become accustom to them. May in newer models. Cheers
Probably because Mazda doesn't offer HUD in the MX5.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very unfortunate! It is a nice feature. Oh well!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes but not the same as an option on the car. Cheers

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a 2014 Mazda3 with the Heads up display and I love it I am constantly looking there for it when driving my Abarth especially since I drive an Automatic and the Tach which is very large is nice but the speedometer is much smaller I wish Fiat would have a firmware update so you could display a digital speed on your infotainment screen!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have a 2014 Mazda3 with the Heads up display and I love it I am constantly looking there for it when driving my Abarth especially since I drive an Automatic and the Tach which is very large is nice but the speedometer is much smaller I wish Fiat would have a firmware update so you could display a digital speed on your infotainment screen!

There's two ways to do this, both a part of the speedometer app for the infotainment screen, that gives you the speedometer display on the infotainment screen and also includes a small speed number in the upper right on other screens. This is available as a part of Ameridan's tweaks. See his blog for more info at https://21stcenturyfiat124spider.wordpress.com/ameridans-radio-silencer/common-tweaks-that-work-in-the-fiat-124-spider-infotainment-center-7-0/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts