Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I was recently involved in an accident where I was clipped by a hit and run driver and I ended up crashing into a light pole.

Im currently rebuilding my 2018 classica as majority of the damage was to the inter cooler ac radiator and collision bar (the other small things I’m already purchasing)
I need help with a few parts if anyone has any of these parts below

Radiator / Fan
Intercooler
AC compressor
Front bumper
Front collision bar
Hood

As you all know it’s kinda hard to find a lot of these stuff online as they get sold out fast or they are crazy expensive.
I’m not trying to rip anyone off or anything I’m just on a tight budget and this is my dream car.

If Anyone is willing to work with me or even shave off a few bucks to help me out it’s much appreciated.
My birthday is in April so my ultimate goal is to have my girl back up and running by then so I can take that Bday cruise.

I have looked on eBay as well as the mopar site and a few of the prices are outrages

if I have to buy from the site as a last resort I will but my first thought is to reach out to the forum family and see if anyone has any deals or donations they can throw My way!

hope Everyone’s stays safe and blessed in the road 🙏🏾

·
Premium Member
2,554 Posts
I'm going to suggest you also take a look at the part out sites that would have items for sale after vehicles have been totalled and written off by insurance. I'm not in the US, but perhaps other members that are can point you towards some of those parts reseellers, as they too should be less expensive than going through the dealer for parts. I'm also assuming from your post that you're not insured?

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Hey guys, so I was recently involved in an accident where I was clipped by a hit and run driver and I ended up crashing into a light pole.

Im currently rebuilding my 2018 classica as majority of the damage was to the inter cooler ac radiator and collision bar (the other small things I’m already purchasing)

Radiator / Fan
Intercooler
AC compressor
Front bumper
Front collision bar
Hood

As you all know it’s kinda hard to find a lot of these stuff online as they get sold out fast or they are crazy expensive.
I’m not trying to rip anyone off or anything I’m just on a tight budget and this is my dream car.

If Anyone is willing to work with me or even shave off a few bucks to help me out it’s much appreciated.
My birthday is in April so my ultimate goal is to have my girl back up and running by then so I can take that Bday cruise.

I have looked on eBay as well as the mopar site and a few of the prices are outrages

if I have to buy from the site as a last resort I will but my first thought is to reach out to the forum family and see if anyone has any deals or donations they can throw My way!

View attachment 81582 View attachment 81583 View attachment 81584
I feel your pain. I went through this 02/2018, when my car was totaled. Too much damage for a rebuild. My FMIC was no where to be found. I now have a new car and am going forward. I wish you luck on finding the parts needed to put your car back together. Keep us posted.

B33A7C1F-0E6A-4434-8F99-265489D613AD.jpeg
2C694F7C-3BFA-45B6-B0B2-35900819B5EE.jpeg

Dan

·
Registered
364 Posts

Radiator / Fan
Intercooler
AC compressor
Front bumper
Front collision bar
Hood

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. That really sucks.

I have a stock intercooler and piping, that came out of my '17 Ludo when the EC FMIC went in, sometime early '18. Feel free to ping via DM if interested.

Just a thought, though: if you are considering mod'ing your 124 further down the road, now may be a good time to put the larger EC intercooler in, to lay the foundation for hotter tunes.

Also, check www.redlineautoparts.com, they have parted-out 124s.

Cheers, SL

·
Registered
Forte Black Metallic 2019 MT Abarth, Nero Rosso Interior, EC Ph2, V4, E&H Springs, GWR Sway Bars
137 Posts

Radiator / Fan
Intercooler
AC compressor
Front bumper
Front collision bar
Hood

Your insurance company didn’t cover this? I have a few parts that may be of some small help. DM for details.

·
Registered
18 Abarth 6MT, all the options, Chipbox and OEM Abarth fender badges. Pedalbooster not installed
695 Posts
Try Copart. They deal in complete vehicles so you may be able to find a Spider that has heavy rear damage.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I have to ask- why is your insurance policy not taking care of this rebuild? Did they total it and you bought it back as a salvage? If they totaled it, I would have to think that the car has structural damage that a home mechanic is going to be hard pressed to properly repair. Unless you work as a body shop mechanic.

Best wishes for your success.
Steve.

·
Registered
18 Abarth 6MT, all the options, Chipbox and OEM Abarth fender badges. Pedalbooster not installed
695 Posts
Has the OP responded regards insurance ?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it a legal requirement to have insurance in the USA ???
Arthur, yes, liability insurance that pays for damages and injury to others is mandatory in most if not all States. However "collision" insurance that pays if your negligence causes your damage is not mandatory. It is usually required by the Bank lending the purchase money but even that sometimes slips through the cracks if the owner doesn't insist on its purchase (it's not inexpensive).

·
Registered
695 Posts
I agree with you Arthur. But "you pays yer money and takes yer chances" I suppose.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have to ask- why is your insurance policy not taking care of this rebuild? Did they total it and you bought it back as a salvage? If they totaled it, I would have to think that the car has structural damage that a home mechanic is going to be hard pressed to properly repair. Unless you work as a body shop mechanic.

Best wishes for your success.
Steve.
I got it back and now I’m rebuilding Bc this is my dream car and I’d rather rebuild and bring it back to life way better then restart.

I have a passion for this car

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That makes sense. UK equivalent would be Third party or Fully Comprehensive. I may be throwing myself to the lions here, but I cannot for the life me understand why someone would choose not to have Fully Comprehensive/Collision Insurance on their 124.
Has the OP responded regards insurance ?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it a legal requirement to have insurance in the USA ???
Yes it’s required to have insurance which I did , but it was complicated the way the collision was and the damage.

so now that I have the car back salvage I’m gonna build it back

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I feel your pain. I went through this 02/2018, when my car was totaled. Too much damage for a rebuild. My FMIC was no where to be found. I now have a new car and am going forward. I wish you luck on finding the parts needed to put your car back together. Keep us posted.

View attachment 81603 View attachment 81604

Dan
Wow brotha I’m glad to see you made it out alive from this one. The damage looks intense.
And thank you for the positive vibes. I will Forsure keep you posted in the build!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
At least there are plenty of OEM intercoolers out there. The other things are a little harder to find, but still out there.

Greg
Agreed! It’s gonna take some time but I’m all for it. Can’t wait to start her up for the first time again.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I had a car that got totaled, insurance paid me full value then sold it back to me for $500. Was a great deal as the damage was just hail and cosmetic and I got the worst of it fixed for a few hundred bucks (what could be popped out with paintless dent repair) and just lived with the rest. Drove it for years.

If this is your play good luck! Hope you get it all fixed up and back to fun. From the pics it looks like a non-trivial job but I can see why you figure it's worth a shot. I would definitely investigate having the unibody checked for straightness and get that professionally fixed before investing too much.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I had a car that got totaled, insurance paid me full value then sold it back to me for $500. Was a great deal as the damage was just hail and cosmetic and I got the worst of it fixed for a few hundred bucks (what could be popped out with paintless dent repair) and just lived with the rest. Drove it for years.

If this is your play good luck! Hope you get it all fixed up and back to fun. From the pics it looks like a non-trivial job but I can see why you figure it's worth a shot. I would definitely investigate having the unibody checked for straightness and get that professionally fixed before investing too much.
Thank you for the positive vibes and sharing your story brotha. I’m only 24 and I’ve always wanted to rebuild a car with my pops anyways. I’m up for the challenge and I’m looking forward to showing you all the finished results !

1 - 20 of 27 Posts