Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else in the North East (I'm just north of Boston)? Hope to get together share tips or just chat locally.

J

:)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hey GSer, nice to make your acquaintance. I'm from Long Island, NY so we're not exactly neighbors but we share some of the same bad winter weather. Anyway, I'm taking delivery on my 124 Lusso hopefully next Tuesday and I'd love to hear about you experiences driving the car in the North East and whether you drive it at all during the winter months.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I am in New Hampshire. I should get the car I ordered in May or June. Perhaps we should get together and do a twisty scenic road trip this summer.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I come to Vermont every summer, where in NH do you live steve6225?
Farmington, about 25 miles north of Portsmouth.

·
Registered
514 Posts
From Northern NJ here (Right on NYS and NJ Boarder, near TZB). Former owner or 1980 Fiat Spider Turbo. Looking to order a 2018 Abarth in a few months, as soon as the dealers and FIAT get there act together on 2018 packages, pricing and color. Leaning towards the new Grigio (Hopefully similar to the MX-5 Ceramic Metallic).

Hope to have car by Oct/Nov to get a month of running before garaging it for the winter.

·
Registered
89 Posts
as soon as the dealers and FIAT get there act together on 2018 packages
Racer when I picked up my car on Monday the salesman said that the $4k package will be broken down into 3-4 different packages so buyers will be able to choose what they want instead of just getting everything.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Racer when I picked up my car on Monday the salesman said that the $4k package will be broken down into 3-4 different packages so buyers will be able to choose what they want instead of just getting everything.

Great to hear your dealer was informed. If I recall you said you worked with Greg A. at Larchmont. When ready, I will look them up. Suposably they have been selling FIATs or ALFAs continuously since 60's.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Farmington, about 25 miles north of Portsmouth.
Farmington.....I know where that is! :) 153, that's one of my favorite early morning blasts, well on the east side of 125 at least

I'm at rte128 and rte1 in Mass but get up as far as Fryeburg Me. area pretty frequently and also know the NEK/Willoughby area (from Lyndon and Kirby VT. direction)

Route 5 and 5a will be a lot of fun come nice weather!

YES, we should somehow orchestrate a get together drive for the Northeast states residents (and anyone else that might be around)

I bought mine on spider day (1-24) but haven't been able to drive it much since it was delivered in early Feb due to the snow (just don't have the heart to)

A friend of mine also just got a Silver A-6sp last week in the Kingston NH area

Had my first on road sighting last Sat though, first spider and it was an Abarth, on 495 N in Mass just shy of 133 near Chelmsford, was a white or pearl (couldn't tell through the road grime) and it sure looked nice!

Anxiously awaiting nicer weather!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Great to hear your dealer was informed. If I recall you said you worked with Greg A. at Larchmont. When ready, I will look them up. Suposably they have been selling FIATs or ALFAs continuously since 60's.
Yes Greg A. at Larchmont. He's a good guy. I told him that I was on a 124 fan site and trying to send him business. If you go mention that, maybe it will help.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have been up to Lincoln quite a few times, it is really nice up there. I would also suggest the Mount Washington Auto road, but I took my 500 up there and it scared the **** out of me! I would probably do it again with a group, but I should go last... Elderly people were passing me last time, even a Buick! (I am not a fan of heights)

Do any of you belong to the Fiat Club of America? they have a Northern New England sub group that is currently inactive. I am thinking about using that to put something together for this summer.

The Kanc and the Notches perhaps? It would be a pretty long drive though. New Hampshire is pretty good because it is central to Maine, Vermont, and southern New England, but I have driven on some beautiful and twisty roads all over New England.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Count me in!

:D

I have been up to Lincoln quite a few times, it is really nice up there. I would also suggest the Mount Washington Auto road, but I took my 500 up there and it scared the **** out of me! I would probably do it again with a group, but I should go last... Elderly people were passing me last time, even a Buick! (I am not a fan of heights)

Do any of you belong to the Fiat Club of America? they have a Northern New England sub group that is currently inactive. I am thinking about using that to put something together for this summer.

The Kanc and the Notches perhaps? It would be a pretty long drive though. New Hampshire is pretty good because it is central to Maine, Vermont, and southern New England, but I have driven on some beautiful and twisty roads all over New England.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts