Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!! I have had my 124 spider since February and have loved every day with her. Some mods have been done, working on intake right now. Definitely one of the most fun cars I have owned!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Welcome to the forum! What color did you get and what mods have you done already? A few pictures wouldn't go amiss either.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She is moda gringo grey. We did a muffler delete with new tips....sounds great now. Also added a little stubby antenna, and 124 (red) emblem to the front grill. Waiting on v2 intake w/ diverter valve from eurocompulsiin. While waiting on finding new rims (larger and lighter) I have had my stock rims powder coated. ?? glad I found this group, it's great to see what others are doing to theirs.

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
Wow! love the color combination! Car looks great. Welcome to the forum and keeps us posted as your mods progress.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Shelby! I'm always looking for another 124 in the wild, but yet to see any!! I love the looks of yours lowered! Is the ride still soft and comfortable? My husband wants to lower mine, but i was concerned it would make the ride too stiff. What do you think and what did you use?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hi!! I have had my 124 spider since February and have loved every day with her. Some mods have been done, working on intake right now. Definitely one of the most fun cars I have owned!!
Welcome! Spend spring break in your area every year for years. Kept my eye peeled this year, but didn't see any Spiders in the wild. Look forward to hearing what you end up doing with yours. Like the new look of the wheels.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Velatrish. It was lowered ( sits 3 inches from the ground) using an Ohlins adjustable coil overs suspension (photo attached). Also added larger front and rear sway bars. My style of driving is aggressive and set at very stiff track settings. These additions really helped, especially with eliminating the body roll.
Also, the engine ECM has been reflashed, ram intake added and cat/muffler deleted. Awaiting the delivery of the larger intercooler and updated ECM.
The car is completely different from the day I drove off the showroom.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Velatrish. It was lowered ( sits 3 inches from the ground) using an Ohlins adjustable coil overs suspension (photo attached). Also added larger front and rear sway bars. My style of driving is aggressive and set at very stiff track settings. These additions really helped, especially with eliminating the body roll.
Also, the engine ECM has been reflashed, ram intake added and cat/muffler deleted. Awaiting the delivery of the larger intercooler and updated ECM.
The car is completely different from the day I drove off the showroom.
Alls I can say is WOW!!! You sure have dropped a lot of money! But I bet it makes you smile!! Looks great!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts