Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

Hello from Calgary!

4K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  rwcollens 
#1 ·
Long time Fiat enthusiast here, got my '18 Abarth about 3 weeks ago and am loving it! Im in the process of restoring a '78 2000 (Auto, Carb, Red on Tan) and I can wait to be able to have the two of them side by side for a photo shoot!

#3 ·
Welcome to the family! PM me and perhaps we can meet up for a coffee some weekend. There are two other Abarth owners here on the forum from Calgary (well, one's from Cochrane, but that's close enough). We also attend the Cars and Coffee events on Tuesday nights at Cardell in Quarry Park on a fairly regular basis.

#7 ·
Yep - picked it up at Eastside - the sales pitch was that they were forced to take a spider with an order of a bunch of pickups and being in the NE a convertible "italian" sports car wasnt in big demand.. they seemed very eager to push it out the door...

#8 ·
Well, so long as you got a decent price on it, that's what counts. I know South Trail has one in stock as well, but, I think Eastside is the only remaining "official" dealership in Calgary selling them. Thankfully Renfrew hasn't sold Fiat product for several years now. One of the slimiest dealerships I've ever had the displeasure to deal with (I purchased my 500 Abarth through them back in 2012).

I was at Cars & Coffee last night. Didn't see you there Rob, but a few other familiar faces were present. Great evening.

#10 ·
Tuesday nights in the parking lot in front of Cardell Homes in Quarry Park. Typically starts up around 19:00, and folks begin leaving around 20:30. So long as the weather is nice, you'll find a fair amount of folks around, and some very nice vehicles. My Abarth is the poor country cousin sitting amongst its Italian relatives, but you'll also find some British content (Lotus, Mclaren... and this past week, a classic vintage Jag), as well as the German gang (Porche, Audi). Lots and lots of pretty toys. :)

Reactions: What'sHisName?
#12 ·
By the sounds of things outside right now, I don't think I'll be. But the weather next week should be much more promising. :)

#14 ·
If its crud weather, there won't be many folks show up. I typically only go a) when it's nice and sunny, and b) when I'm in town. Tomorrow doesn't look good (more rain), but I'm hoping the following week may be better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.