Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Nice! Both my kids live in your neck of the woods...went to college there and it seems to have stuck! I’m planning on visiting them this summer! Cuyahoga Falls is a pretty spot- great for summer driving!

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
Wow ! fantastic looking piece of kit, and, in the correct colour, you will love this forum and many here will want to help you spend any saving that you may have upgrading and modifying, you try to fight them off but it's an infection so you can't. Enjoy the journey...Cheers
ron

·
Registered
187 Posts
Very nice. Used to have a 2014 Mustang GT. Great looking/sounding car and fast in a straight line, but the MacPherson/solid axle and boat-like dimensions made it handle like crap. Don't miss it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Nice car. Love the color and the black details. Enjoy the forum you will find great helpful tips here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice! Both my kids live in your neck of the woods...went to college there and it seems to have stuck! I’m planning on visiting them this summer! Cuyahoga Falls is a pretty spot- great for summer driving!
Oh really? that's Awesome! Glad to hear they decided to stay I am 29 and grew up here but also have lived in several states but I just kept on coming back. Hope you enjoy your time here while you visit. But you're absolutely right we are very lucky to have some of the best National and Metro parks in the north east that have some beautiful roads to drive on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow ! fantastic looking piece of kit, and, in the correct colour, you will love this forum and many here will want to help you spend any saving that you may have upgrading and modifying, you try to fight them off but it's an infection so you can't. Enjoy the journey...Cheers
ron
Thanks! I have already been bitten by the modification bug with my mustang, I can't stop I already started with this car haha I bought a DV+ before the car even got here based in the advice I saw on this forum. But Thanks for the warm welcome!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very nice. Used to have a 2014 Mustang GT. Great looking/sounding car and fast in a straight line, but the MacPherson/solid axle and boat-like dimensions made it handle like crap. Don't miss it.
Your absolutely right! Its a great design and the power and noise is intoxicating even with the V6 but its rear axel and weight just don't don't inspire confidence or fun and the numb steering was annoying. I am much happier already with the Abarth.

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
1,653 Posts
Greetings and welcome aboard! Been a while, but I have been to Akron and Cuyahoga Falls a few times back in the late 80s. Went to the Agora a few times for live bands and the fact that you could drink beer at 18 there, 21 for liquor. I broke in a brand new 88 Mustang on a trip from base to there the first time giving a friend a paid ride home for the holidays. Ended up meeting a young lady up there and went back a few more times!

You are too young, wasn't me. 🤣

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Thanks! I hope to get a matte black hood soon to complete the black accents.
Satin would be better, Matte is too dry looking and shows marks more than the Satin does. My car is wrapped in 3M 1080 Satin Vampire Red and Satin Black. Today was finish one vent side day!

Now for strict track and don't care how it looks otherwise then go Matte all the way.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Greetings and welcome aboard! Been a while, but I have been to Akron and Cuyahoga Falls a few times back in the late 80s. Went to the Agora a few times for live bands and the fact that you could drink beer at 18 there, 21 for liquor. I broke in a brand new 88 Mustang on a trip from base to there the first time giving a friend a paid ride home for the holidays. Ended up meeting a young lady up there and went back a few more times!

You are too young, wasn't me. 🤣
Thanks! but really?! that's awesome! To bad it wasn't like that when I was 18 haha But that's cool to hear to have been here quite a few times and even had some good fun while you were here ;) haha

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Satin would be better, Matte is too dry looking and shows marks more than the Satin does. My car is wrapped in 3M 1080 Satin Vampire Red and Satin Black. Today was finish one vent side day!

Now for strict track and don't care how it looks otherwise then go Matte all the way. View attachment 76801
Your right! That looks much! better I didn't even think about satin I just kind of assumed matte was what the factory put on. Thanks for the heads up! cuz I do intend to track the car but not strictly.

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Just for a better view overall. This is the day she came home with the wrap in August 18. Fiat wanted $1900 to put the stripe on and the entire car cost $2400 to wrap and they did the mirror caps, windshield trim, lower skirts, and door handles in the black. Under paint is protected, you will find out how soft it is soon!

·
Registered
789 Posts
My car is wrapped in 3M 1080 Satin Vampire Red and Satin Black. Today was finish one vent side day!
I like your vents. How much do you think they reduce underhood temperatures? And please remind me what color your Spider was originally.
Under paint is protected, you will find out how soft it is soon!
Does anyone know whether some paint colors are softer than others?

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
My car is the same Red as @SecretStash13 underneath. I will be collecting the temperature data once everything has been put back together and running again. I will have another Spider to use as a control but I will have other heat management things installed under hood along with the vents so I may not be able to truly separate the vent only delta, but I will do my best.

Reactions: Chipshot
1 - 18 of 18 Posts