Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, as a new member I d like to introduce myself. My name is Claudio and I live in the north of Italy. I am the happiest since the unpredicted and "by chance" purchase of a second hand Fiat Lusso 124 spider (8000 km) . Driving this car has reset my concept of using a car for just going from point A to point B. The in between is now the fun part.
The car needed a bit of restoring on the paint after probably a series of bad self washing machines by the first owner and I spent almost 2 weeks to make it shine as new again and protect the paint with coating.
I have made a few mods, I d love to have a better breaking systems but at the end ...I d better off buying straight an Abarth that I cannot afford so far. I have read a lot about the upgrade I can make on the infotainment and with patience I will try to understand how to tweak the original boring and tricky
wonderful community, lots of info, nicest blog ever

ciao e grazie .
claudio

·
700 Posts
Looks like a fun time is about to be had. Congrats!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Claudio, Welcome to the site. Enjoy the car and I completely agree that this car has restored my fun to drive view of going places. My family is from Castagna Catanzaro, Reggio Calabria. Yes, I am told we are all testa dura! My wife would agree. LOL Ciao.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Brett67 🙏, @AbarthEsq people from Calabria are known for being the most warm and ...yes very very much testa dura indeed!!! :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello, as a new member I d like to introduce myself. My name is Claudio and I live in the north of Italy. I am the happiest since the unpredicted and "by chance" purchase of a second hand Fiat Lusso 124 spider (8000 km) . Driving this car has reset my concept of using a car for just going from point A to point B. The in between is now the fun part.
The car needed a bit of restoring on the paint after probably a series of bad self washing machines by the first owner and I spent almost 2 weeks to make it shine as new again and protect the paint with coating.
I have made a few mods, I d love to have a better breaking systems but at the end ...I d better off buying straight an Abarth that I cannot afford so far. I have read a lot about the upgrade I can make on the infotainment and with patience I will try to understand how to tweak the original boring and tricky
wonderful community, lots of info, nicest blog ever

ciao e grazie .
claudio
View attachment 73408
Ciao Claudio Benvenuto nel forum. Sono Gennaro, sul forum sono Big R. Vengo da Potenza, ma vivo in Canada. Questo forum è molto utile se stai cercando parti, consigli sulle prestazioni o solo persone con interessi comuni! Goditi la tua Abarth!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ciao BigR . Grazie mille del tuo warm welcome !

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Claudio from another new member joined yesterday...........I read with interest your intentions and noted your concerns with the brakes, I too had same concerns with brakes, handling and weedy exhaust note, so.....if you are interested and would like to read my thread on "Brexit Mods" in General Discussions section done last night and completed with photos today, it may help you with some of your planning for that lovely looking Lusso, Cheers
ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts