Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I saw my first 124 at the Philly Auto Show in January, I've spent the last few weeks trying to figure out what I want in one. Only thing I'm certain of at this point is that it'll be a stick. I'm hoping to have one by the time spring gets going around here.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I wish you the best in your hunt! All told for 2017 models, there are not that many configurations. It's a matter of deciding your wants and your needs!

Good luck hunting!

·
Registered
476 Posts
welcome and look forward to your announcement and pics when you get your new ride!

·
Administrator
2,021 Posts
Welcome! Don't wait too long for spring or you'll find the options growing thin. I bought mine last week because there were very few within a 3-hour radius of me and only 2 in the options and color I wanted. I was told they won't be getting any more in until the 2018 models are released.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Hi 124Fan ... From NJ as well. I sent you a PM. Because I am interested in a 2018 Color, I am going to wait a bit before ordering. I am in no rush and may even be willing to wait until dealers have 2018 stock in the Winter. I know I may get car I want sooner if I order, and that I can get it equipped as I want, but I may get a better deal if wait a little longer and buy off the dealer lot in the dead of Winter or early Spring.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Welcome fellow New Jerseyan,
I live in Cherry Hill, NJ. I got my 2017 Grigio Moda Lusso w/Black leather. It is an automatic. I love it!
Your car looks sharp. Waiting to see what the 2018 Grigo (Supposably the equivelant Mazda Ceramic Mettallic) looks like.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi guys, another Jersey spider owner chiming in.

I just had my first oil change at 3800 miles at New Vernon Motor Coach in Morris County a couple of miles from where I live. They did a great job, they already have Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5w40 so it is easy peazy, top quality place. I Highly recommend them for anything to do with our cars. I avoid going to the dealers for anything unless absolutely necessary.

We should do a meet-up when the weather turns nice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Alfa & Fiat of Maple Shade, NJ

In answer to your question, no I have not had any service yet from the dealership.
I got the car in mid-Sept. and have only 3800 miles so far.
It has been mostly in the garage wait6ing for nice, dry, warmer weather.
I was wondering if I should use them for the first oil and filter change.
Don't know if they have Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5W-40W Full synthetic in stock or if I should use Amsoil European Car Formula 5W-40W Classic ESP Synthetic Oil. I really don't know how many miles I need before my first oil and filter change.
Any really competent shops around the Cherry Hill area?

·
Registered
59 Posts
In answer to your question, no I have not had any service yet from the dealership.
I got the car in mid-Sept. and have only 3800 miles so far.
It has been mostly in the garage wait6ing for nice, dry, warmer weather.
I was wondering if I should use them for the first oil and filter change.
Don't know if they have Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5W-40W Full synthetic in stock or if I should use Amsoil European Car Formula 5W-40W Classic ESP Synthetic Oil. I really don't know how many miles I need before my first oil and filter change.
Any really competent shops around the Cherry Hill area?
There are lots of threads on oil here, as long as you stick to reccomended blends you should be fine. As far as service intervals go, I may just be old school but I was taught that with a new engine it is good to change oil after a reasonable break in period, 3~4 thousand miles, to remove any particles and such that could be there from the outset. Even if it is overkill I think its worth it and does not hurt in any case and has only upside. I can tell you everything has been running smoother since, and ive been running the phase 1 tune for the last three weeks which doesnt hurt.

I cant say if Maple Shades service you is any good or not, i just never personally have put much faith in the quality of service you get from dealers for a variety of reasons. as far as oil changes go I would have to say you shouldnt worry too much about it. For me though I actually got a better price at a private garage and could get whatever oil I choose, i supplied the filter which I ordered from amazon as I was not sure they would have it, ends up its not that uncommon and they had it anyway. I am not really that familiar with south jersey but im sure if you let your fingers do the walking you can fiind one near you with philly so close. I had never heard of New Vernon Motor Coach before searching for a garge in my area for the spider. After talking with them on the phone i was comfortable enough with them to give them a try and was really glad I did. Best experience ive ever had with a garage.

I used Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5w40 and can say im very happy with it, and I think my car likes it too, she purrs like a kitten now.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Another jersey person here!

After months of deciding between something practical or something fun, I went with fun!

I pick up my "I'm done with kiddie carpools" 124 on Thursday and can't wait :) Love everything I've been reading about on here. Great info!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi guys, another Jersey spider owner chiming in.

I just had my first oil change at 3800 miles at New Vernon Motor Coach in Morris County a couple of miles from where I live. They did a great job, they already have Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5w40 so it is easy peazy, top quality place. I Highly recommend them for anything to do with our cars. I avoid going to the dealers for anything unless absolutely necessary.

We should do a meet-up when the weather turns nice.
I was thinking the same thing. There are enough us here to make it an event. Our own Cars and Coffee. We have enough diners here to find a good place to meet and plan a little road rally. Is Mastoris still open in Bordentown? Its a good central location.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Nj fiat

I was thinking the same thing. There are enough us here to make it an event. Our own Cars and Coffee. We have enough diners here to find a good place to meet and plan a little road rally. Is Mastoris still open in Bordentown? Its a good central location.
Were from NJ is everyone from? NE Bergen County Here. Not seen a new 124 on the road here yet. Every once in awhile, I'll see my old spider turbo (1980) on the road. It is an beautiful car in BMW Blue with real leather saddle interior. When I had that car, used to participate in events with the local chapter of FLU (Fiat Lancia Unlimited). Also ran autocrosses with it at Giants Stadiumn. There were quite a few old spiders, x 1/9 and original 500's who participated in thier events. Not sure if FLU is still around.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Were from NJ is everyone from? NE Bergen County Here. Not seen a new 124 on the road here yet. Every once in awhile, I'll see my old spider turbo (1980) on the road. It is an beautiful car in BMW Blue with real leather saddle interior. When I had that car, used to participate in events with the local chapter of FLU (Fiat Lancia Unlimited). Also ran autocrosses with it at Giants Stadiumn. There were quite a few old spiders, x 1/9 and original 500's who participated in thier events. Not sure if FLU is still around.

NW Bergen County here, and I've yet to see a 124 on the roads here either!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hey All,
I'm in Rockland, just over the border, so thought I'd jump in here.

Put a deposit on the only Aluminum Abarth in NYC 2 weeks ago. They were nice enough to hold it for for me while I travelled for work. Psyched to be bringing it home this week!!!

·
Registered
746 Posts
Hey All,
I'm in Rockland, just over the border, so thought I'd jump in here.

Put a deposit on the only Aluminum Abarth in NYC 2 weeks ago. They were nice enough to hold it for for me while I travelled for work. Psyched to be bringing it home this week!!!
On Bergen/Rockland Boarder here... What dealer did you buy your car from?

Reactions: nomorecarpools
1 - 20 of 31 Posts