Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My spouse, Gail, and I just picked up our new, red Lusso last Tuesday. Back in 1972 we were newly wedded and bought a new, red 124 Spider. Drove it and loved it for five years, and sold it to go racing. So, 47 years later we have another, red 124 Spider. It is a fantastic little car, perfect for our scenic and very twisty Kentucky back roads. We bought the car from Jack Sweeney Alfa in Florence KY, and it turned out to be a really fun experience. Seems everyone in the showroom is knowledgeable and enthusiastic about their products, had a great time talking cars and Fiats in particular. We brought them some old photos of us and our old `72, and they went nuts. Our sales guy put together a "then-and-now" collage of the old photos and re-staged them with the new car during delivery. The resulting picture is attached here. Anyway, we had a blast getting the car, and are looking forward to lots of adventures with it. (When I'm not sport touring on my motorcycles)
IMG_6968.JPG

·
Registered
72 Posts
Don, welcome here from a former Cincinnatian and Chase College of Law alum.(Back when the school overlooked Covington.) Nice you had such a great experience buying yours which I think relates to the dealer also selling Alfas. Here the FIAT dealers are located at Dodge/Chrysler locations and they generall couln't care less about the FIAT brand. Enjoy the roads of which I have some fond memories. I rode all over in your neck of the woods on a BMW R65LS and a Honda CB350F back in the day. Enjoy the ride. It's quite an upgrade from the early '70s 124 Spider 1600 don't you think?.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quite an improvement! Forty-seven years of technology and involvement of other cultures in the cars development are evident.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Hey, she still looks the same, what happened to you??? Welcome 😁

·
Registered
353 Posts
Howdy, neighbor! Northern Kentucky sunset (Gardnersville in Pendleton County).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts