Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

New red Abarth says hi from Oakland, California.

Got it last week. I'll only say that I am motorcycle fanatic and that while I love to drive, nothing on four wheels have ever excited me as much. Well, this little red beast is as close to a bike in terms of feeling the road as I ever felt. It is still a car -- hehe -- but my god is this a fun car. A total riot to throw in turns on a twisty road.

I drove the ND Club as well, and liked it also but there was no escape from the pull of Italian style and soul. I also like the engine in the Spider quite a bit more, and the suspension is more to my liking. Here:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Welcome from Fremont!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone -- this is starting to look like a NorCal Spider gathering; hmm :)

Welcome! Make sure to share plenty of pictures once you get out west of San Rafael with the top down!
That'll be easy -- Lucas Valley Road is my daily commute for most of the year... Although I am more often on a bike but lately's been driving quite a bit, too.

P.S. The other day someone overheard me say "Spider Abarth" and exclaimed, "what about SPIDER BARF??". I considered taking that for a forum nickname for a second :)

·
Registered
298 Posts
I was in Dublin yesterday getting gas not far from the Arlen Ness showroom, when a couple in a truck rolled down their window, honked their horn and waved to get my attention. "What is that?" "Wow, it's nice."

Enjoy yours!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was in Dublin yesterday getting gas not far from the Arlene Ness showroom, when a couple in a truck rolled down their window, honked their horn and waved to get my attention. "What is that?" "Wow, it's nice."

Enjoy yours!
Oh this thing attracts attention from everyone like crazy! The first DAY I had it, several people came up to ask about it -- when I parked, at the gas station, etc. Endless thumbs up from cars -- and bikers -- on the freeway. A neighborhood kid going "Mommy, mommy -- look at the pretty car!" etc. etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts