Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hello to the forum. I've been lurking around here for the past four months doing research on the Fiat 124, but I finally bought a Grigio Argento Classica this weekend. Just want to give a big thank to everyone on this forum for providing so much information on this great car.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hello from sunny San Diego.

Just wanted to say hello to the forum. I've been lurking around here for the past four months doing research on the Fiat 124, but I finally bought a Grigio Argento Classica this weekend. Just want to give a big thank to everyone on this forum for providing so much information on this great car.
Welcome to the forum and the SoCA group. I'm in So Orange County and have had my 124A for four months tomorrow, and have yet to see another 124 Spider in the wild. :confused:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Welcome and congratulations!!!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Greetings from Long Beach. Any recommendations for twisty rural roads in San Diego? Last week I drove Angeles Crest Highway, spent the night at Mount Baldy Lodge, and then drove Glendora Ridge Road. Great fun in a sports car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello and welcome from another San Diegan! I hope to see you around at some point, I haven’t seen too many other 124s on the road yet! (Plenty of MX-5 NDs on the road though)

If you get the chance and would like, come out Carlsbad Cars and Coffee on a Saturday morning; I’m almost always there and a bigger 124 presence would be nice. Always a great turnout of cars as well.

Greetings from Long Beach. Any recommendations for twisty rural roads in San Diego? Last week I drove Angeles Crest Highway, spent the night at Mount Baldy Lodge, and then drove Glendora Ridge Road. Great fun in a sports car.
@LongBeachJim - Some wonderful driving roads I have found around San Diego are Palomar Mountain (my favorite, go up South Grade, come down East Grade, stop at Round Up BBQ for lunch/dinner), Banner Grade into Julian, Couser Canyon, Highland Valley Road, Montezuma’s Grade, Del Dios Highway off Lake Hodges, Ortega Highway, and Wildcat Canyon are some of the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

I haven’t tried them all with the 124 yet, but used to have too much fun with the Sky on those roads.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hello and welcome from another San Diegan! I hope to see you around at some point, I haven’t seen too many other 124s on the road yet! (Plenty of MX-5 NDs on the road though)

If you get the chance and would like, come out Carlsbad Cars and Coffee on a Saturday morning; I’m almost always there and a bigger 124 presence would be nice. Always a great turnout of cars as well.

@LongBeachJim - Some wonderful driving roads I have found around San Diego are Palomar Mountain (my favorite, go up South Grade, come down East Grade, stop at Round Up BBQ for lunch/dinner), Banner Grade into Julian, Couser Canyon, Highland Valley Road, Montezuma’s Grade, Del Dios Highway off Lake Hodges, Ortega Highway, and Wildcat Canyon are some of the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

I haven’t tried them all with the 124 yet, but used to have too much fun with the Sky on those roads.
Hi IHeartRoadsters, what color is your 124? I live in Carlsbad and I've only seen one other 124 at Carlsbad Cars and Coffee and it is white and a young girl drives it. Her BF comes with her in a white Mazda ND. Cheers

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hi CypherUppercut, welcome to the forum. Cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi IHeartRoadsters, what color is your 124? I live in Carlsbad and I've only seen one other 124 at Carlsbad Cars and Coffee and it is white and a young girl drives it. Her BF comes with her in a white Mazda ND. Cheers
Grigio Moda. Sounds like you're talking about my girlfriend and I. I own the 124 Spider and she has the Ceramic ND MX-5. Usually we try to take both cars to C&C, but if only one of us is able to make it we try to take the MX-5 over the 124 (I don't know why, we just do).

There is a Abarth 124 that is sometimes there but I've never had the pleasure of meeting the owner, they always seem to leave when I'm not with the cars. It won't happen to be you would it? Here is the best shot I have on hand of the other 124:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Grigio Moda. Sounds like you're talking about my girlfriend and I. I own the 124 Spider and she has the Ceramic ND MX-5. Usually we try to take both cars to C&C, but if only one of us is able to make it we try to take the MX-5 over the 124 (I don't know why, we just do).

There is a Abarth 124 that is sometimes there but I've never had the pleasure of meeting the owner, they always seem to leave when I'm not with the cars. It won't happen to be you would it? Here is the best shot I have on hand of the other 124:

Yep that's my Abarth. I've not been the past two weeks due to work. I'll say hi next time. I sometimes bring one of my other vehicles. Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I actually don't know many twisty rural roads in San Diego. I live closer to the coast, but I imagine most of them are inland. Off the top of my head the only twisty roads i know only are to Julian and Palomar Mountain. North of San Diego, if you drive through the mountains from Temecula to Palm Dessert the mountain curves can be pretty fun and a little scary to drive especially at night.

If I can wake myself early enough on a Saturday I'd like to check out Carlsbad Cars and Coffee. I bought my 124 for Bob Baker Fiat in Carlsbad.

Here's a pic of my Classica taken from the parking lot at my work.

Attachments

·
Registered
726 Posts

Thanks for taking the time to list your San Diego travel roads. I will certainly give some, if not all, a try. It's such a great experience to get the 124 out of the city. My next trip is to Big Sur next month. The southern portion of Highway 1 is still impassable, so I'll have to take a remote east-west road to get in there. As long as I'm not on gravel or 4x4 turf I'm up for anything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here's a pic of my 124 sitting in the parking lot at work.

I don't know much about twisty roads in San Diego. IHeartRoadsters mentioned the only ones I know which are the paths to Julian and Palomar Mountain. The only other twisty road I can think of is north of San Diego. It's the pretty much the mountain path from Temecula to Palm Desert which is Temecula Parkway to the 371 to the 74. Once you get to the 74 to Palm Desert its pretty much curvy roads up then down the mountains. Its a pretty fun drive, but it can be a little scary at night or with low visability.

I'd totally be interested in checking out Carlsbad Cars and Coffee. I'd just have to find some way to get myself up early for the drive to Carlsbad, I work nights so early mornings are rough for me. I did get my 124 from Bob Baker Fiat in Carlsbad.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts