Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ciao everyone, my name is Chris and I'll be picking my 2017 124 Spider Abarth the end of week when I return home from a trip. I have been looking for a red Abarth for sometime through my local dealer but they seem to be as rare as hens teeth in these parts. The nearest one was in Iowa but that dealer wouldn't give it up. I had thought about flying down and buying it from him but I was checking out other dealerships, including down in SWFL where we leave for half of the year and bring it home to GB.

Anyway, while looking at cars.com, I found a Chrysler dealer a little over an hour away that showed they had one. This did not show up anywhere else, including the dealer inventory search through Fiat. So a quick email, as it was late at night, and a reply in the morning saying yes they have it and it's available. So a quick drive down there and found they don't really here, it was in Baltimore and awaiting customs and transportation.

The car was ordered a little over a year ago by a customer, who after waiting eight months, decided he no longer wanted it. The dealer decided to continue the order and lucky me, I came along and bought it sight unseen. The salesman sent me this video to check it out. https://vboostlive.com/van_horn_chr...r-sales/used-cars/anl7p1d/#.WX4FSBcEvtu.email

I have been lurking here getting lots of useful tips and mod ideas. I already have a turbo blanket, EC V4 intake, hood/trunk struts and GFB DV+ awaiting for the car as well as bling ordered to personalize the car. :laugh:

·
Registered
480 Posts
congrats.... did they mount the front plate bracket, and is it necessary for where you live? unfortunately they did on mine and here in Louisiana we only use one plate. for a fix I painted some plugs for the holes to match the bumper cover which neatened the front up... good luck with your purchase, and I hope the snow holds off for as long as possible.....

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had asked them not to install it, in WI they require two but I'm willing to chance it.
Thanks for the well wishes :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
From a fellow Wisconsin Abarth owner, Welcome!

It seems you found some great combinations. I have some competition now. It looks identical to mine except for the Brembo's and My seats are nero, not 2 tone. It's hard to tell from the phots, but did you get a Manual or Automatic?

Reactions: Seagas

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the auto as my lovely bride of 45 years is unable to drive stick. Not that she is planning on driving it, but then she said the same thing about about my Audi Cabriolet until she saw how good she looked in it behind the wheel, LOL

I wonder how many of us are in WI?

·
Registered
296 Posts
There are a few around..
Born and Raised in Wisconsin, however been living in NC for 20+ years.

I hope to drive my Fiat 124 there some day!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea! I have the car now now, what a beauty! Car drives wonderfully and what a looker.
Dealer prep was done properly except for the tire pressure, which was quickly remedied by myself and the salesman. Fluids correct, Nav SD chip installed, cup holders in as well as the body plugs. The included photo is from the last time it was clean. It has been raining for the last couple of days and doesn't look to be letting up anytime soon :(

Funny story about drawing attention to it. On the drive home from the dealership, I took the old state hwy 57 instead of the interstate, going through De Pere I was following a red Prius for several blocks, we are doing a steady speed of 30 in a 25, I was maintaining a constant 200' distance. We passed a cop car, who was parked on a side rode watching the traffic, no reaction from him when the Prius passed, but as soon as the Prius passed him, he brought up his radar gun and pointed it at me, I just laughed, yep this car is an attention getter alright, LOL.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts