Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2018 124 abarth yesterday. Already in love with the car and knew right away that I wanted it as soon as I sat in the driver's seat. This one is the tri coat white with heritage stripe. It is fully loaded, led lights, Recaro seats (best car seat i have ever sat in), and brembo breaks. Only 6000miles on the clock and I got it for $22,500! Have been lurking here for months and can't wait to start my journey with this beautiful car. Only problem is its going into storage for the Wisconsin winter so I have to wait.

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
Hi "Naoff" and Welcome officially as you have as you say been a lurker for some time,,,The Spider looks great and you look happy Mate, so all good there. AS it's going into storage I would suggest (if you haven't already) read the thread in General Discussions (go to search at top of page if required and type in, "124 Spider" Basic Ownership Rules...."some of". The Boys & Girls on here contributed to sorting out a list of basics that new to the 124 Spider ownership members may and WILL need to enjoy ownership fully and avoid problems..especially wintering ! Enjoy the Ride and Cheers
ron

Reactions: Naoff

·
Registered
18 Abarth 6MT, all the options, Chipbox and OEM Abarth fender badges. Pedalbooster not installed
396 Posts
Welcome Naoff, while in storage be certain to start and run your car until fully warm at least every three (3) weeks. If not your multiair brick is very likely to drain out of oil and the car will not start without a lot of effort. Here is a link to one thread on the subject: Won't Start After Long-Term Storage-FIXED Enjoy your car and use the winter storage time to decide on what mods and farkles you'll absolutely convince yourself you need . LoL 😀 👍

·
Registered
315 Posts
Just picked up a 2018 124 abarth yesterday. Already in love with the car and knew right away that I wanted it as soon as I sat in the driver's seat. This one is the tri coat white with heritage stripe. It is fully loaded, led lights, Recaro seats (best car seat i have ever sat in), and brembo breaks. Only 6000miles on the clock and I got it for $22,500! Have been lurking here for months and can't wait to start my journey with this beautiful car. Only problem is its going into storage for the Wisconsin winter so I have to wait. View attachment 80251
Welcome from Scotland.. looks like it's already made you smile... They do that!!

·
Premium Member
17 Abarth M/T, Heritage, Recaro, Brembo, Luxury, DV+, AIOv70, Record Monza (pending)
15 Posts
Beautiful car! Mine is a 2017 nearly identical and I got it in September. Brings a smile to my face looking at it and driving it. I also get lots of people comment on it and think it's a whole lot more expensive than it is.

I am in Georgia, so it won't be going into storage. After all, that's what heated seats and a scarf are for, right? :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Welcome. Looks exactly like mine when I first got it. Same mileage too!

·
Registered
2020 Fiat Spider 124 Urbana AT
39 Posts
Drive it like you stole it -- because it sounds like you did!!! :D

Beautiful car. Welcome!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome Naoff, while in storage be certain to start and run your car until fully warm at least every three (3) weeks. If not your multiair brick is very likely to drain out of oil and the car will not start without a lot of effort. Here is a link to one thread on the subject: Won't Start After Long-Term Storage-FIXED Enjoy your car and use the winter storage time to decide on what mods and farkles you'll absolutely convince yourself you need . LoL 😀 👍
Thanks for the advice and I'm sure I'll catch the mod bug very soon!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi "Naoff" and Welcome officially as you have as you say been a lurker for some time,,,The Spider looks great and you look happy Mate, so all good there. AS it's going into storage I would suggest (if you haven't already) read the thread in General Discussions (go to search at top of page if required and type in, "124 Spider" Basic Ownership Rules...."some of". The Boys & Girls on here contributed to sorting out a list of basics that new to the 124 Spider ownership members may and WILL need to enjoy ownership fully and avoid problems..especially wintering ! Enjoy the Ride and Cheers
ron
That was a great write up and ill make sure to start it every few weeks would rather not have those starting problems. Hope to be able to enjoy the car to the max!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcome m8. As regards mods, except a few essential mods like reversing camera and dash cam, I prefer to leave my car stock. I was in a dilemma whether to opt for one like yours, white , or grey. I have chosen the grey one 🤪

·
Registered
528 Posts
Welcome to the forum hope you enjoy the car as much as we do over here

·
Registered
2017, Fiat Spider 124, Abarth
388 Posts
Welcome! Sorry your car has to go into hibernation, but soon it will be spring and you'll be out there enjoying it and wondering, "Why is everyone staring at me?" And then you'll remember what you're driving. Congratulations!

·
Registered
2019 124 Spider Abarth
200 Posts
Welcome! Nice choice on the car options - I love the recaros and heritage stripe!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts