1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
Congratulations and welcome

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I, for one, have no problem with a dirty car: it means it's been driven!

Reactions: Unknownsir and jleo

·
Registered
428 Posts
Driving our new spiders home in the rain seems to be common for many of us here. I did 240 miles in the rain for our Abarth. It's OK, as you have found out. It gives you a chance to spend some quality time getting to know the beautiful curves on your new mistress. About those bikes hanging on the wall: I'd have those bolted, chained, tied, welded and locked to the wall....Just in case. Mine sits right smack in the middle of my 28 x 36' shop protected from everything hitting it or falling on it. Like caring for your firstborn, it is.

BTW, what wax did you use? It looks quite nice.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
56S, you are right, especially that pink one that belongs to an ex GF! really my whole garage is a mess and will be cleaned soon so my lady has a nice place to stay. I used McGuires Ultimate, Always have used them, buddy of mine swears by Adams so I may give that a shot next time.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
I also used the Mcguires Ultimate really shines, I need to do my suv, did you do it by hand. I plan to use Simoniz 10" orbital polisher, never used it, I used the paste wax on my Abarth, I see them spreading the liquid wax with the orbital anyone used this to spread the paste wax or how you apply the paste wax with this orbita. Liquid wax they squirt it on it and use the machine, but paste wax I see them more polishing tia

https://www.amazon.ca/Performance-T...d=1494260036&sr=8-11&keywords=polisher+buffer

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Usually I only use my orbital on old paint that needs attention (like my kids 99 Saab). With this car a hand wax should be sufficient. The orbital is a bit harsh, and usually I only apply with the orbital and remove by hand unless Im getting serious on shot paint with compound or cleaner wax.

PS. Love the red! thought for sure I would get red myself as its my favorite color, but I just fell in love with this one.

·
832 Posts
Welcome to 124Spider.org

I am sure that you will enjoy getting to know folks here. If there is anything that I can do, please let me know. Here is the Auto Ricambi FIAT 124 Spider Abarth that we have been working on. We love the new AND classic Spiders and have been doing this for years.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts