Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have not purchased yet, tough decision. Waiting on the new blue color to see it in person. Drove a classica, it was ok, but I came from a Camaro 2SS, so it was not as good as I hoped. Looking to test an Abarth soon and keeping up with mods and tuning. Hoping to get 200+ hp and lower the turbo rpms a little. The turbo lag kind of made me cringe, but when it kicked in it was fun. I guess I will need some more tests to see if I am going to take the plunge. Anyhow, I look forward to reading all your posts!

Kloid

·
Administrator
2,023 Posts
200whp is attainable with just a tune and an intake from EuroCompulsion. Easy.

I can see how the turbo lag would be a bit annoying if you came from a v8 pony car. This is a different driving experience. I'd argue it's more refined and really lets you flex your skills without worrying about the light pole up ahead as much.

The Abarth has a sport mode that sharpens the throttle response by a lot and builds boost much sooner. Find one to test drive if you can, and remember to hold the sport button down.

Welcome to the forums, and let us know if there's anything we can do to help!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Xtreme, I am a newb to this kind of car, so I will need to read and learn.

Reactions: Seagas
1 - 3 of 3 Posts