Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased a Nav SD Card from TEXASOEMDIRECT on ebay.

If so, would you pop your card out of the car, look at the face of the card and tell me what your card is labelled (i.e. USA/CAN/MEX ...etc.)

I am trying to determine if my card, which does not work, is the right card for the Fiat 124.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

I know the information printed on the cards supplied by the dealer is:

USA/CAN/MEX
DD18 66 EZ1
Mopar Part Number : 68334173 AA

·
Registered
89 Posts
My car is at the dealer so I can't look but that is the part number I ordered. I bought from a different seller. If yours doesn't work I suggest you return it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes I did purchase a nav sd card from TEXASOEMDIRECT and it is installed as I type. I have not driven on the road but it works finding where my car is in the garage. It was loaded with the most current maps and comes with 3 years of updates. I asked the seller a couple of questions and he answered promptly.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the information. I now know that I received the right card and it simply does not work in my unit. The supplier has been extremely helpful and even rushed me a second card with the same result in my unit. Great fellow to deal with and he has refunded my money.
I may have to go back to the dealer and have them reflash my unit to see if that helps.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
goldwing,

look in the license folder and see if you have 2 files:

device.nng
visteon_mazda((( a very log string))).lyc

if you do, you have a new card. If the 2 files are something else, you've received a used card as these files are changed once recognized in the vehicle, and changed again once 62 miles have been driven.

By the way, my actual SD card is similar to the one pictured above, but Rev 3. The string of numbers on the 3rd line aren't on the packaging, which is where I looked before for you.

I don't think Rev letter matters, since Toolbox will eventually update your maps to the most current level anyways.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have three files in my license folder. The device.nng, the Visteon_Mazda lyc file as well as a second lyc file for a Toyota Scion....

I updated the nav card with the latest maps on the European site and was hopeful this would get me going, but alas no luck.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I will take a recess on this project for a while and tackle it again when the sun is shining.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
goldwing,

I think I got the license folder contents wrong, so here goes again (per championway)...

If your card doesn't work and you get the message "Invalid SD card" , look in the license folder and see if it contains the 2 files:

device.nng
visteon_mazda((( a very log string))).lyc

If you do, you have a "used" card, an encrypted file device.nng is created (with your initial GPS fix, VIN number, etc.) when the CMU detects the SD card in it's slot. It replaces the 2 files that are in the content folder of every NEW card:

cardnotused.txt.sgn
cardnotused.txt

·
Registered
25 Posts
Order a card and will have it in a couple days. I've seen a couple posts regarding updating the card. How will I know if an update is needed and how is it done ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Where exactly is the SD card reader? I do not see one and the ebay seller shows it under a cover next to the seat heat buttons.

Also there is one slot just to the left of the mp3 player plug ins. Anyone know what that is for? Mine has a white paper tab in it that is hard to pull out so I just left it there for now.

Thanks. Great car by the way. Tons of fun to drive even with the turbo lag.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Where exactly is the SD card reader? I do not see one and the ebay seller shows it under a cover next to the seat heat buttons.

Also there is one slot just to the left of the mp3 player plug ins. Anyone know what that is for? Mine has a white paper tab in it that is hard to pull out so I just left it there for now.

Thanks. Great car by the way. Tons of fun to drive even with the turbo lag.
Pull the paper tab and remove the rubber cover - the slot for the SD card is behind it. Once you open it you really don't need that paper. You can work the cover off with your fingers. I've had to remove my card to copy it for backup so have had that cover off several times.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts