Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2018 Abarth 124 Spider
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm at a loss right now. So a couple days ago, I started having some issues that included jerky/stuttery throttle, exhaust backfiring every time I lift off the acceleration, electronic throttle light flashing on the dash accompanied with the P0106 code (MAP sensor?). This has only happened when the engine is still warming up (blue light still on) and only after driving about ~750ft. I clear the code, restart my engine (a little rough restarting), and then it's usually fine as if there's no more issues. As I was chasing solutions, I swapped MAP sensors with my friend who has the same model 124 to see if mine's faulty. After that, I have the same stutters and backfires but instead of the CEL, I get the low oil pressure light and the engine sputters and dies. Wait a bit to restart the car, and it comes back to life after a bit and it drives like nothing is wrong again.

I have no idea where to go from here other than taking it to the dealer for them to figure out. But I'm a little skeptical that they'll figure it out, seeing as the issues only occur in the mornings when it's colder.

The only mods I have installed are an axle-back muffler delete from Good-win Racing, and the V4 air induction kit from EC (has not caused any issues for the two years it's been installed)

· Registered
2020 Abarth 124 Brillante White Velleno package with Monza exhaust.
1,945 Posts
What the both of them said. Also if you have a pro pedal or whatever they are called take it off and try again. When you clear the code the ECU has to look for and relearn the fault then the second start up it triggers the light. Only exception is an active misfire then it flashes and stays on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.