Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an initial proposal from a dealer here in FL... Brandon Fiat, (someone mentioned that they bought their 2018 from them), for a leftover, new 2019 Mare Blue, Saddle interior, all packaeges, for out the door, tax, tag, this, that, the other BS fees... for $21,032.

There are 2020 Lussos and Abarths available about 1 hr 40 min away... just trying to decide if that price warrants a 2019 vs 2020 or not. Need to get pricing on those first, because depending on the deal of course, the 2020, even if more expensive, may be a better "value/investment."

Abarth/Lusso link.

Point being... I'm close to pulling the trigger, lol.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
The car hasn't changed, If you going to keep the car go for the 2019, but if plan to sell the car after a couple year then you lease or get the 2020. Then then pending on the extra the car has maybe you like to have. When you negotiate your price go low, I know they won't match, but ask for oil change, abarth cover and so on, on accessories they can throw that in but the price they're limited. bonne chance

·
Premium Member
2018 Abarth
76 Posts
I have an initial proposal from a dealer here in FL... Brandon Fiat, (someone mentioned that they bought their 2018 from them), for a leftover, new 2019 Mare Blue, Saddle interior, all packaeges, for out the door, tax, tag, this, that, the other BS fees... for $21,032.

Not to rain on your parade, but maybe more ammo for bargaining reasons, that listing suggests that it does not have all the packages. I see that the Visibility group doesn't seem to be listed (halogen headlights) for instance.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did notice that, and had planned to double check... if you run the video there's a little ticker tape running along the bottom that says it does... but I noticed, and plan to ask about, that discrepancy.

Thank you.

Not to rain on your parade, but maybe more ammo for bargaining reasons, that listing suggests that it does not have all the packages. I see that the Visibility group doesn't seem to be listed (halogen headlights) for instance.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Lusso and Abarth almost same price , go for the Abarth (manual).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sadly, due to a gimped left leg from surgery, I can't drive an MT. Tried with a Miata, and after 10/15 min or so my leg was in so much pain that I had to actually ask the salesman to drive it back to tbe dealership :(

I could have worse problems though, lol.
Lusso and Abarth almost same price , go for the Abarth (manual).

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
The auto is a fine choice.

·
Registered
193 Posts

There are 2020 Lussos and Abarths available about 1 hr 40 min away... just trying to decide if that price warrants a 2019 vs 2020 or not. Need to get pricing on those first, because depending on the deal of course, the 2020, even if more expensive, may be a better "value/investment."

Abarth/Lusso link.

Point being... I'm close to pulling the trigger, lol.
That dealership seems to still be dedicated to the brand, and the service department has treated me and an owner who actually had a full 124 Abarth failure very well. Just mentioning because I dealt with the winter haven dealership and while they may have beaten the deal, price wise.......maybe, they were not as dedicated to the alfa and fiat brand, in my opinion and experience. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
273 Posts
auto .. combined with manual mode when needed is where its at. Ive been tooling around the blue ridge mountains the last 3 days...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for the insight.

I'm just not sure it's a good enough deal for a 2019, no longer being produced vehicle, vs the 2020, but I'll see what Winter Haven comes back with. More money to be sure, and expected given it's 2020 vs 2019... so it will be more of a "value proposition," if that makes sense.

I'd probably never get the car serviced at either dealership actually, since there's one much closer... so I'm not sure that how they in particular deal with customers will matter much, lol.

And for those who may now be wondering... the closer dealership only has a Classica, which is why they're not in the running.

That dealership seems to still be dedicated to the brand, and the service department has treated me and an owner who actually had a full 124 Abarth failure very well. Just mentioning because I dealt with the winter haven dealership and while they may have beaten the deal, price wise.......maybe, they were not as dedicated to the alfa and fiat brand, in my opinion and experience. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just downloaded the window sticker for that listing... it does have every available package according to the window sticker. (y)

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
I just downloaded the window sticker for that listing... it does have every available package according to the window sticker. (y)
If you can get the VIN for each car, run the full build sheet for each and you'll know exactly what they have installed. Then there's no guesswork involved.

·
Registered
3 Posts
21 K for a loaded 2019 Lusso? That seems like a good deal!
I too am looking for a deal on a Spider. This seems like a very good deal. Was the quote (~$21,000) correct. I may contact them if so. Thanks for replying if you can. And any update to your decision. Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I too am looking for a deal on a Spider. This seems like a very good deal. Was the quote (~$21,000) correct. I may contact them if so. Thanks for replying if you can. And any update to your decision. Thanks
If you do contact them, ask for Jakub Pluta and tell him Lou sent you, please... I'm probably not buying from them, and a referral may help take the sting out, lol.

They're at $22,090 to be exact with my trade... I had initially given them the incorrect mileage on my trade... it was higher than I thought by 8k miles, so they knocked $1k off the value... so did KBB, NADA, and Carvana... so <shrug> whatever, lol.

That dealer by the way has 3x of those Lussos, all saddle interiors, silver, black, mare blue exteriors.

I'm currently working a deal with another dealership for a different new 2019 leftover, just doesn't have the Comfort and Convenience Group or Mopar All Weather Group... don't care about that though... for $19,066 OTD.

I don't consider the Comfort and Convenience Group and Mopar All Weather Group worth the $3,100 difference we're currently at, and they don't seem to want to budge off that number.

The only thing I currently have on my car that the Comfort and Convenience Group has, is the universal remote... I don't have the other amenities, have never had them, and don't care if I continue to not have them, lol. While I like the universal remote, I don't $1,495, (the cost of that pkg), like it. :)

If I get buy in from the wife... barring this incoming tropical cyclone expected this weekend... I might buy it Saturday.

Maybe we'll both be happy 124 owners in a few days.

Best of luck on it.

Take care,
Lou

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you do contact them, ask for Jakub Pluta and tell him Lou sent you, please... I'm probably not buying from them, and a referral may help take the sting out, lol.

They're at $22,090 to be exact with my trade... I had initially given them the incorrect mileage on my trade... it was higher than I thought by 8k miles, so they knocked $1k off the value... so did KBB, NADA, and Carvana... so <shrug> whatever, lol.

That dealer by the way has 3x of those Lussos, all saddle interiors, silver, black, mare blue exteriors.

I'm currently working a deal with another dealership for a different new 2019 leftover, just doesn't have the Comfort and Convenience Group or Mopar All Weather Group... don't care about that though... for $19,066 OTD.

I don't consider the Comfort and Convenience Group and Mopar All Weather Group worth the $3,100 difference we're currently at, and they don't seem to want to budge off that number.

The only thing I currently have on my car that the Comfort and Convenience Group has, is the universal remote... I don't have the other amenities, have never had them, and don't care if I continue to not have them, lol. While I like the universal remote, I don't $1,495, (the cost of that pkg), like it. :)

If I get buy in from the wife... barring this incoming tropical cyclone expected this weekend... I might buy it Saturday.

Maybe we'll both be happy 124 owners in a few days.

Best of luck on it.

Take care,
Lou
Thanks so much for the reply Lou! You're awesome about sharing. Do you mind if I ask you what you traded in and how much they were giving you for the trade. I'd like to figure out what they quoted you without the trade so I can compare my quote apples to apples. Thanks again, Dan p.s. will ask for Jakub and tell him Lou sent me. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks so much for the reply Lou! You're awesome about sharing. Do you mind if I ask you what you traded in and how much they were giving you for the trade. I'd like to figure out what they quoted you without the trade so I can compare my quote apples to apples. Thanks again, Dan p.s. will ask for Jakub and tell him Lou sent me. :)
Attached pic of offer... $1,590 in BS fees they won't budge on.

Drop the GAP and its tax... this would not be an upside down loan... which brings OTD to about $22,090.

No problem... notice that I haven't yet shared the details of the car that I'm actually now considering, lol.

My trade is a 2017 Ecoboost Premium Mustang, Performance pkg, and all options that were then available.

Pretty much every site put it at about $20k, which is what they're giving me. I know all about overallowing against MSRP... at the end of the day, I'm almost happy with the money I'd pay, and really don't care how they get there. I have no problem with dealerships making profit off of me... I just don't want to buy their next yacht, lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You're too much, Lou. Thanks for going out of your way to share this detail....I really do appreciate it. I thought my dealership in CT was the only one doing all the BS add-on's. What a joke they are, but get your point about the end game regardless of how they get there. Hope you have a successful transaction this weekend and stay safe down there in FL. All the best. Thanks again.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You're too much, Lou. Thanks for going out of your way to share this detail....I really do appreciate it. I thought my dealership in CT was the only one doing all the BS add-on's. What a joke they are, but get your point about the end game regardless of how they get there. Hope you have a successful transaction this weekend and stay safe down there in FL. All the best. Thanks again.
Thank you.

If you do contact Jakub, please don't let him know that our deal is dead... nothing's over til the fat lady sings, lol.

CT, eh? Used to live in Woodbridge, and wife & I graduated from Trinity in Hartford.

Her dad still lives in Berlin.

Small world.

·
Registered
592 Posts
The visibility group includes LED headlights and the car in the picture has them. They are visibly different from the regular ones (Halogen).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts