Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed the option of adding a Heritage stripe is no longer available when configuring your own car on the US website. Have any 124s been sold in the US with Heritage stripe? Anyone know if the option will come back?

·
Registered
349 Posts
If you don't mind not getting an official stripe then finding a good vinyl wrap shop to create one is the best way to go. Actually you might even be able to do something a bit custom and personalized to your liking if you really want. The possibilities are endless

·
Vendor
3,099 Posts
I think it was just too expensive. Most people would just go with another option like vinyl or a body shop doing the paint work.

Greg

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
Agree. Makes more sense for dealers to offer a wrap option.

·
Registered
67 Posts
There are some coming out of Detroit with the stripe. First ones due next week. They have had some delays and QA issues which probably helped on the decision to stop offering it on orders but will fulfill the orders they have or at least a portion of them.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm guessing they took out the option because of the work and logistics involved in getting it done. There are those who would still option for the stripe, even if it wasnt popular, but considering how delayed it ended up being, I imagine that was the real reason

·
Registered
67 Posts
I was just told today regarding my car that "The MOPAR team is meeting at the paint facility on Friday to give it a final ‘ok’ before it ships out."

·
Banned
425 Posts
Here's one

This guy seems to have one and he hasn't even put it in the price. Such a deal!

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
Good thing about doing it as a wrap is;

a) it's cheaper b) you can remove it c) it protects the actual paint d) it's easy to replace e) it looks just as good as paint

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
Quoting USD$1200 here in Aus but our labor costs are higher

·
Registered
67 Posts
I bought that car from fullerton yesterday. It's vinyl. They had it done but it's perfect.
I thought as much! Thanks for confirming. It's a great looking car

·
Vendor
3,099 Posts
Quoting USD$1200 here in Aus but our labor costs are higher
Seems like your cost for everything is higher. Every time I go out for a hamburger in Sydney it's about 25 bucks for a burger, fries and a 12oz drink.

Greg

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
Seems like your cost for everything is higher. Every time I go out for a hamburger in Sydney it's about 25 bucks for a burger, fries and a 12oz drink.
That's because we are not allowed to employ people for $8 per hour here. That would be considered (correctly) exploitation. Yep, things are more expensive here, but at least if you have a job you can put a roof over your head and eat...and have access to healthcare.

·
Vendor
3,099 Posts
That's because we are not allowed to employ people for $8 per hour here. That would be considered (correctly) exploitation. Yep, things are more expensive here, but at least if you have a job you can put a roof over your head and eat...and have access to healthcare.
I don't disagree with any of that. I am all for people earning a decent living. Out of curiosity, how much does a cashier or fry cook at a burger place make in Australia.

Greg

·
Super Moderator
1,210 Posts
Minimum wage (I think) is AUD$17.70 per hour. (USD$13.30)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts