Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Looking good! I hope it’s easier to maintain for you than the stock one - nightmare.

·
Registered
384 Posts
It’s especially sweet because you don’t have an ugly front number plate breaking up the curvature of the front lines like the law requires here in the UK.

Reactions: Garrettt93

·
Registered
384 Posts
I'm about 2 years into owning my Abarth. I take great care of the car, but struggling with the matte paint myself. Thinking about removing it and color matching with the rest of the car.
It is tough - autoglym recommend using their fast glass product (super volatile - evaporates off in a few seconds) for maintaining matte surfaces and their aqua wax product to seal it (apply wet and let it dry). I have started doing that recently and noticed an improvement but it’s so sensitive. Every time I see a bird shit on it I panic and rush out and clean it straight away because i know from bitter experience if it dries it will scratch coming off. I mean I picked a blown leaf off the bonnet the other day and it left an oil residue behind... that’s how sensitive it is.

Tbh I’d be tempted to wrap it with something tougher like black 3M because I love the look I just can’t deal with how weak and scratch-able the factory matte paint is.

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
2,485 Posts
The other nice advantage to the satin wraps is applying heat to minor scratches and scuffs to self heal.

Reactions: Garrettt93

·
Registered
2019 124 Abarth , 2017 Alfa Romeo 4C, 2022 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Veloce
126 Posts
I covered mine with Xpel Stealth, easiest way to maintain and still looks the same.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Very nice. Do you have a picture of the back? Have you considered wrapping the winds surround gloss or satin black?

Dan
Yes here are some additional pictures.

I may do a swap of the gunmetal grey bits to black. I have the part numbers for future reference.
Part Numbers:
68328781AA
68328782AA
68307687AA

·
Registered
334 Posts
It is tough - autoglym recommend using their fast glass product (super volatile - evaporates off in a few seconds) for maintaining matte surfaces and their aqua wax product to seal it (apply wet and let it dry). I have started doing that recently and noticed an improvement but it’s so sensitive. Every time I see a bird shit on it I panic and rush out and clean it straight away because i know from bitter experience if it dries it will scratch coming off. I mean I picked a blown leaf off the bonnet the other day and it left an oil residue behind... that’s how sensitive it is.

Tbh I’d be tempted to wrap it with something tougher like black 3M because I love the look I just can’t deal with how weak and scratch-able the factory matte paint is.
After cleaning and drying, I have found ‘speedwipe’ or ‘quick detailer’ works really well on the heritage stripe material. Spray on, buff off, very even and a nice satin finish.

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Abarth
318 Posts
can I ask, why they never do the thin line of color matching paint on the rear by the top?
Just BECAUSE: That is way things were, 1970s
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate
Tire Vehicle Car Wheel Automotive design

1 - 20 of 23 Posts