1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, All
I'm from Very Sunny (34c) just outside London, England

Our new 124, a long story short....
We ordered our 124 on the 27th Jan and on Thursday 2nd March went to pick up the car. It took about an hour to do all the paperwork as we were trading in our A500. They had just finished preparing it, so it wasn’t on show when we arrived. We were then presented with this,

a good looking car with my wife’s private plate on it, BUT not the one we ordered, no black bonnet or boot.
So the next 2 ½ hours were spent discussing what to do. It was decided, we would not take delivery of the car and that the dealership would de-register the car. In the end we drove out the dealership with this,

Doh.
On the Tuesday, we were asked to write an email to the dealership, by the dealership, so they could contact the DVLA to de-register the car. A replacement car was found and we were told it would be available the following week. On the Friday we were asked for the white 124 back, as the dealership needed it for the weekend and we were given this.
On the Monday we were told that the replacement car was the WRONG spec, also no black bonnet or boot. But the white 124 was returned. Then on the Wednesday we were told that the DVLA had lost my wife’s private plate paperwork. On the Friday again we were asked for the white one back and were given another 500.
3 weeks after we paid our money and should have driven our car out of the dealership, we took delivery of the right colour car, BUT without my wife’s private plate on it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Having IT issues with the pics, sorry...........

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will try tomorrow

·
Registered
574 Posts
I can't get into the vibe because I want to know what this and DOH was !!

Really sucks that the private plate couldn't get figured out though, that would really grind my gears.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Welcome to the forum from a very sunny Wales - also record temps. Looking forward to the photos. I didn't trust the dealer with my private plate - I did it myself - DVLA online - all sorted within a day.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Welcome (and to the exclusive Blue A124 club)

What only 34 - balmy

Anyways - suggest that the black bits could be done in wrap. Looks just as a good and that the added advantage of being removable if you ever tire of the look. IMHO the Blue 124 looks better without the balck stripes

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Welcome.

People in the US generally moan endlessly about having to go to the DMV to register cars and deal with driving licensing issues, but until you've had to deal with a DVLA f-up in the UK, you know nothing.

Hope it all gets resolved shortly.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
2nd one (loan car)

2nd one (loan car)

Whilst it was a good drive, my wife hated it, because we had something we didn't buy

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
3rd one (wrong plate)

3rd one (wrong plate)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
3rd one (right plate)

3rd one (right plate)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Right car, Right plate

Right car, Right plate

Reactions: wolf18t

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome.

People in the US generally moan endlessly about having to go to the DMV to register cars and deal with driving licensing issues, but until you've had to deal with a DVLA f-up in the UK, you know nothing.

Hope it all gets resolved shortly.
You are so right, it took almost 3 weeks after we got the right car. Because the 1st car was de-register the wonderful DVLA lost the paperwork for our plate. Not having the retention cert. and not having a car with the plate on, they said at first that we would have to re-apply for the plate. Until we and the dealership both supplied photos of the plate on a car, They are so far up their own [email protected]#%.

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
Congrats and welcome

1 - 14 of 14 Posts