Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2017 Spider 124 Abarth 21C in Nero Black. Although it's bone stock to satisfy the insurance gods, it's wicked fun to drive.

This is also my first drop top roadster, as well as a car with a manual transmission (yes, I've stalled it).

I've been wanting a 124 for a while; the question was "which one?" The Abarth's limited slip differential was what ultimately sold me. My problem was trying to find a 21C with no extra doodads; it may be listed on the dealer's web page, but when I called about them, they've been sold. I compromised by expanding my search to include ones equipped with the Safety & Security package. In the grand scheme of things, a $1500 difference between the base 21C and what I ended up getting is just a drop of the bucket. Plus, I'm actually liking the back-up camera.

It won't be my daily driver; those duties have been relegated to a 2015 Jeep Patriot.

Attachments

·
Registered
205 Posts
I just picked up a 2017 Spider 124 Abarth 21C in Nero Black. Although it's bone stock to satisfy the insurance gods, it's wicked fun to drive.

This is also my first drop top roadster, as well as a car with a manual transmission (yes, I've stalled it).

I've been wanting a 124 for a while; the question was "which one?" The Abarth's limited slip differential was what ultimately sold me. My problem was trying to find a 21C with no extra doodads; it may be listed on the dealer's web page, but when I called about them, they've been sold. I compromised by expanding my search to include ones equipped with the Safety & Security package. In the grand scheme of things, a $1500 difference between the base 21C and what I ended up getting is just a drop of the bucket. Plus, I'm actually liking the back-up camera.

It won't be my daily driver; those duties have been relegated to a 2015 Jeep Patriot.
From another person with a Black base-model Abarth & a Jeep daily driver, Welcome!
Enjoy all the heavily policed driving roads in the North Shore of Chicago. Also, since you're close, take a look at the Fiat Freakout in Milwaukee this July!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts