Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a bronze Lusso, saddle interior (Manual) from a dealer in Concord. I had been looking for that combination for a while, and almost gave up. It's a really pretty car; turns a lot of heads, I love it. But I almost never see 'em on the road.

Glad to be here!

Paul

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Welcome from Fremont, CA.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Welcome, I'm picking mine up today, as long as the storms predicted hold off.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Welcome. Check your tires for proper inflation...nice to have you on board..
Even though I reminded the salesman that the tires needed to be checked, they were at 49.5. So as the salesman is trying to show me the car, I just adjusted all of the tires while he talked. He must have felt guilty as he went and grabbed a pressure gauge and tired to help.

·
Vendor
3,656 Posts
Welcome. We would love to see a picture of your car. 124s are still so rare that a lot of us haven't seen that color combination yet.

Greg

·
Registered
2017, Fiat Spider 124, Abarth
441 Posts
Greetings from the East Bay! You'll love the car.

And yes, please post a pic.

·
Super Moderator
1,236 Posts
You've got some great roads for having fun in the Santa Cruz mountains! I'd love charging down Skyline Blvd in a 124. I lived in San Jose for 25 years and between my Yamaha RD400, and an obnoxious Datsun enjoyed a lot of great roads.
Enjoy!
best regards
Pete

·
Registered
441 Posts
Got off the freeway in Oakland yesterday...580 near Piedmont Ave. and a bronze Spider was right in front of me. Don't know if he/she noticed me although I flashed my high beams once. Second sighting since February.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Good looking ride!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Wow..didn't realize it may have been the same color. It could have been black possibly as well. We went from bright sun to under and overpass and then we went out separate ways. Either way, enjoy your new spider!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Actually got to run Skyline Sat afternoon. Got a nice friendly wave from an older Alfa, had some fun blasting past an M5 who didn't look too happy and I've also found that this car runs really great and sounds great if you keep it in the 4k to 6k range. Tons of fun...

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hmm, that sounds fun. Skyline in Oakland is fun, and on the Peninsula also great. Is Betty's still up there? Used to ride up there with my road bike back in the day...before kids, etc... Wouldn't do that anymore. The Napa Valley two weekends was a blast with the Spider.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Always seems like there's an abnormally large percentage of little convertible roadsters up there on evenings and weekends. Folks blowing off steam. Right after I picked it up, I did a loop on Skyline, came down Page Mill, turned left on Arastradero, and followed a really nice maroon '71 124 into the Rosotti's parking lot (where I complimented the owner's good taste, of course).

Don't know Betty's, but Alice's is still there.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Always seems like there's an abnormally large percentage of little convertible roadsters up there on evenings and weekends. Folks blowing off steam. Right after I picked it up, I did a loop on Skyline, came down Page Mill, turned left on Arastradero, and followed a really nice maroon '71 124 into the Rosotti's parking lot (where I complimented the owner's good taste, of course).

Don't know Betty's, but Alice's is still there.
Oh geez...Alice's of course. Betty's is in Berkeley. Page Mill, Kings Mountain Rd...those would be fun.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just got a bronze Lusso, saddle interior (Manual) from a dealer in Concord. I had been looking for that combination for a while, and almost gave up. It's a really pretty car; turns a lot of heads, I love it. But I almost never see 'em on the road.

I have one on order from that dealer. How was your experience with them?

Have yet to see one on the road in the Bay Area

·
Registered
16 Posts
FYI Lithia Spokane has 11 in stock. From $23k on the low to $30k for an Abarth. They'll deal over the phone. Talk with Chris Dogan. He'll pick you up at the airport...

Mine was a grey Abarth, Luxury Package, Brembo Package & auto tranny on the road for $31.5k including all taxes...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts