Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi from Scotland

Not the best weather for convertibles yet, but I'm keeping my 74 Abarth Replica in the garage,and finding every opportunity to drive the new Abarth 124 at the weekends.
It's Costa Brava Red with black bonnet, to match the old Spiders Rosso Vivo 152 and black colour scheme.
Anyone swapped the new Abarth wheels with the Historic 4 spokes? Thinking I might do this to match the old Spider.
Enjoying the forum as well as the car!

·
Banned
425 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Enjoy the ride(s).

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Oh, Scotland! Welcome aboard!

6 years ago, my wife and I spent a week driving ourselves between Edinburgh, the Fort William area, north to Inverness and back to Edinburgh. Oh, my, I wish I had roads like those rolling "A" roads of yours. It took me the entire week just to begin to feel comfortable driving right-hand drive/left side of road. And unless I was imagining things, those A-road lanes are a bit narrower than the similar 2-lane rural highway lanes we have here in the US. But, where we have soft shoulders, your roads we traveled most times had curbs, no room for error. Your large trucks and tour buses seem to use every inch/cm of their lane, from fog line to center stripe. But anyway, that constantly rolling and weaving terrain, lush with greenery of every kind, was just special, to say the least, with an old castle, or a distillery, around every bend. I'd like to do it again, staying away from the larger cities next time, spending more time and miles in the countryside. Although Inverness was pretty comfortable for a (relatively) larger town.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Enjoy your Spiders!

Steve.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well Hello from the Netherlands, I love Scotland and I am planning to visit your beautifull country in my Fiat 124 Spider at the end of April. Not my first visit but defenitely the first in a convertible which should make the scenery even more dramatic. Hopefully the weather will be good enough to drive with the hood down. ��

·
Registered
165 Posts
Nice to hear from a Scot, and welcome here to this forum. We are planning a trip to your land, and I do wish I could take the Abarth with me! Hope to find evidence of relatives from Renfrewshire!

·
Registered
958 Posts
Hi from Scotland

Not the best weather for convertibles yet, but I'm keeping my 74 Abarth Replica in the garage,and finding every opportunity to drive the new Abarth 124 at the weekends.
It's Costa Brava Red with black bonnet, to match the old Spiders Rosso Vivo 152 and black colour scheme.
Anyone swapped the new Abarth wheels with the Historic 4 spokes? Thinking I might do this to match the old Spider.
Enjoying the forum as well as the car!
Welcome!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Doesn't the hood cover the engine? Or is that a bonnet? What is it in Holland?
From watching Top Gear... I believe that they call a convertible top a "hood"

·
Registered
604 Posts
bonnet in the front, boot in the rear, and hood over head, correct?
Yes, that's right, they also call a sedan a "saloon" and a station wagon an "estate". They don't know how to pronounce "aluminum" either, they add an "i" that isn't there.

Top Gear is a great show for North Americans to watch if we want to learn UK car speak.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts