Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Congrats...hope you make it to Italian Car day in Toronto.....small drive for you...but tons of fun. We have many participants from the US. visit web site for many pics

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Chuck. Greetings from B'ville. Congrads on the beauty. I'm just waiting until I see the 2018's on the Fiat site before ordering mine.
Back a few years ago when I still had my 1969 Spider there was the Italian Car road get together each year. We would drive some back country roads with a stop or 2. Always some great cars would show up. I don't know if they still do that but it was always fun. If it's still happening you my want to check it out. Here are a couple of pics. Mine was the yellow one 2nd from the left.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi from Lyncourt. Trust me when I tell you that you won't be sorry if you do purchase one. Years ago, I had a Triumph Spitfire, then a TR-6. This is by far much more fun driving than either of them. I look for excuses to run errands. hahaha So far, the only change I made was adding a MagnaFlo Exhaust and I've ordered a new glass etched and illuminated wind restrictor. Oh, and a removable luggage rack for trips. I would love to see a Fiat Club form or at least a Sport Car Club. There is a Miata Club and I've asked to join it but I don't know if it is Miata's only. I show (weather permitting) at Wegman's on Rt. 57 on Saturday Mornings, Tuesdays on Wetzel Road (next to the YMCA) and Wednesday evenings at Heid's. Stop by and say hi.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I definitely will try to meet up with you at some point. I'm only minutes from all those places. Any times you are there?
Still waiting for the FiatUSA site to start advertising the 2018's. The Fiat dealer at Driver's Village said they get their info the same time the website does. I'm thinking an red manual Abarth with the safety/comfort group. Simple and sweet.
The 69 I owned was a lot of fun, but also a lot of work.
I remember there was a British sports car group around a while back, but not sure about Italian. I think I'll see if I can find any of the info. I had from the Italian car run. The guy that organized it I believe was named Cal. Judging by the cars that turned out for the run, there must be some sort of a club around.
Mike

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The weekday ones are from 5-8 usually (weather permitting). I'm there most of that time. I try to get to the one at Wegman's on Saturday mornings around 8am and stay until 10 or so. Heading to Maine for a week on the 27th with it so I'll see how she feels for a long ride.

I know there's SCCA but that's the only one I know of.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts