Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Great to be here!

I own an Abarth 124 Spider (UK Spec). San Marino black with all the options!

Absolutely loving it so far. I was the first customer in the UK to receive the car, and managed to get a mention in the FCA Press;

http://www.abarthpress.co.uk/press/article/abarth-124-spider-leads-the-way-in-september-sales-leap

I am also the founder of the Abarth Owners Club, which is predominately based in the UK although we do have a large membership in the USA!

Feel free to check us out;

www.abarthownersclub.com
www.facebook.com/groups/abarthownerclub

Plans for my 124;

• Eibach Proline Lowering Springs
  • GFB DV+
  • 124 Luggage Rack
  • OZ Ultraleggeras - Crystal Titanium
  • K&N Air Filter
  • TMC Tuning Box
I have already installed the Stubby Antenna from Craven Speed, which is a great little upgrade!

Looking forward to the rest of my mods :)

Thanks,

Bertie

Attachments

·
Registered
575 Posts
Welcome to the forums ! Definitely seems like you got a solid starting mod list, can't wait to see it all installed ! That first picture is absolutely dope though !

·
Registered
727 Posts
A black Abarth with red trim is an absolute movie star. Welcome to the forum.

By the way, if you know of a U.K. or E.U. source for the red tow hook cover, please post or IM me. It's the only red piece I haven't been able to find.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Welcome from South West Wales. Not only a great looking car but you seem a man in the know re tunning bits and suppliers in the UK.
We must start to share local (UK Based) suppliers, especially ones who know what they are talking about. I got my GFB DV+ from Ebay after we had confirmed it was the correct fitting - £98. Very happy with it.
Danny

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all your messages!

I am soon launching 124spiderstore.com which will have a huge range of products and accessories for the 124, all with free UK shipping :)

Also launching is a dedicated Owners Club for 124 cars! I will keep you posted!

Regarding the red tow eye - it came with my car. It also had red wing mirrors, but my dealer kindly gave me the black replacement caps :)

Bertie

·
Vendor
3,099 Posts
Welcome Bertie, I love your car.

Might I suggest H&R springs We carry four brands of lowering springs for the 124, Progress Technology, Tanabe, Eibach, and H&R, and really prefer the H&Rs for a fast road car. They are made in Germany so you should be able to source them on that side of the Atlantic if you want to avoid long distance shipping.

I also suggest you take a look at Euro+Drive Lite. We have it very well developed for this car.

That picture you put up is way too cool for a thumbnail. I'll make it big for you. I love the classic 124!

Greg

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the informative reply Greg!

Yes I can indeed source the H&Rs directly in the UK. They are one of the items I will be selling!

How's the ride comfort compared with the drop they give? Do they give the same drop in ride height as the Eibach?

The TMC tuning box is pretty much identical to the Euro Drive, with all the same connectors. It was developed over in the UK on a UK 124. I had one on my previous car (Abarth 595) and couldn't rate it highly enough. They are held in very high regard over in the UK!

I'd love the EC V1 intake, but can't justify the £190 cost once it arrives in the U.K.!

I am working with Forge to develop a similar setup.

Thanks for enlarging the photo! Feel free to use it.

Bertie

·
Vendor
3,099 Posts
Thanks for the informative reply Greg!

Yes I can indeed source the H&Rs directly in the UK. They are one of the items I will be selling!

How's the ride comfort compared with the drop they give? Do they give the same drop in ride height as the Eibach?
The H&Rs give a little more of a drop, 1.2/1.1 vs .8/.8 for the Eibach (I'm using inches here). The other things are somewhat subjective, but I'll say that the H&Rs are more progressive and smooth out the smallish bumps in the road more effectively while still have equal cornering power. I really like them.

The TMC tuning box is pretty much identical to the Euro Drive, with all the same connectors. It was developed over in the UK on a UK 124. I had one on my previous car (Abarth 595) and couldn't rate it highly enough. They are held in very high regard over in the UK!
We use TMC stuff as well. It's high quality, no question about that. In fact in hardware I would say it's equal to Euro+Drive, but I like our software more. In any case, I'll agree the TMC is a good choice as well.

I'd love the EC V1 intake, but can't justify the £190 cost once it arrives in the U.K.!
I understand

I am working with Forge to develop a similar setup.
I like Forge. We sell their stuff, and use it on our own cars.

I'm sending you a PM.

Greg

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hi Scenyx and welcome from a fellow (Fiat) owner just around the corner from you. I saw your car at Brooklands on the 9th October, I was also there with my Anniversary 124 Spider parked on the club house paddock in front of the Auto Italia tent (I also took it out on the MB-World track).

Some nice pictures there, and the press release is cool, although it should have said you were the first to pick up your Abarth 124 Spider and not Fiat 124 Spider, since the Fiats were released some two weeks earlier.

Hopefully I'll see you around, and I like your plans to supply tuning stuff in the UK!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Scenyx and welcome from a fellow (Fiat) owner just around the corner from you. I saw your car at Brooklands on the 9th October, I was also there with my Anniversary 124 Spider parked on the club house paddock in front of the Auto Italia tent (I also took it out on the MB-World track).

Some nice pictures there, and the press release is cool, although it should have said you were the first to pick up your Abarth 124 Spider and not Fiat 124 Spider, since the Fiats were released some two weeks earlier.

Hopefully I'll see you around, and I like your plans to supply tuning stuff in the UK!
Ah yes I remember seeing you and your car there!

Yes, hopefully it wont be too long before the store is up and running.

I will also be supplying all the original fiat accessories, at a much cheaper rate than what some dealers are charging!

Bertie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts