Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to Fiats and car forums so may get bits ( lots) of things wrong.

Discovered the 124 Spider 10 days ago after seeing the TV advert. Thought it looked great so started the research about the car and availability in the UK. Happy to share what I have discovered if you are interested.

My hope is to test drive and then buy the Anniversary model , 124 limited edition before the UK launch date 10th Sept 2016.

I have found all the US posts and experiences very helpful.

I wonder if there are more UK based members?

Danny

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi canesice, the article is 'correct' but spin! All anniversary cars are allocated to dealers, some for owners who have paid a deposit and others looking for an owner but are dealer stock. The 124 hasn't been advertised much in the UK, but that is about to change next week prior to the launch. Some dealers I spoke to didn't know much about the Spider but they would find out for me! 620 dealers in the UK, 124 cars means 'selected' dealers get the anniversary cars.

Last week I managed to locate 5 anniversary cars for sale all within 150 miles of home - but that could change in the next week.

Fiat hasn't got a high profile in the UK anymore - perhaps the 124 spider will change its image?

I will let you know how I get on next week.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, my local dealer phoned this morning to say his 4 Spiders had arrived. I went to view this afternoon and purchased an Anniversary model. Will be able to collect on Wednesday. So in 2 weeks I have gone from not even knowing about the Fiat 124 to buying number 12 of the 124 limited edition. More details when I get the car home.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hi, my local dealer phoned this morning to say his 4 Spiders had arrived. I went to view this afternoon and purchased an Anniversary model. Will be able to collect on Wednesday. So in 2 weeks I have gone from not even knowing about the Fiat 124 to buying number 12 of the 124 limited edition. More details when I get the car home.
Congrats!
Please post some pictures..

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's right, Passione red with silver screen trim, roll hoops and mirrors and black leather. Photos by Thursday.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just collected my Spider from the dealer then a 20 mile drive home. This is my first drive of a Spider.
It exceeded my expectations!

I have spent an hour trying to attach photos - without success. Will try again in the morning.

I have created an album in the gallery, which I think you can see?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Collected my car.

Sorry to be a pain - is this how to post photo?

[/IMG]

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think it's working!

I just need to find a quicker way to do it. A more structured email in the morning.
Danny

1 - 14 of 14 Posts