Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
121 - 140 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
And the floor configuration of the body may be different for those across the Pond. But in the Yank version with an auto tranny, the passenger side floor leaves much less leg room and has a hump in the drive tunnel that protrudes a bit into the leg area of the passenger side. I am 6'1" and just fit snugly in my driver's seat on the left hand side with good leg room and no protrusion. The Japanese have the same preference for driving on the "wrong" side of the road too. So do they flip the body to provide more leg room on the cars with right hand drive in the UK?

That HUMP is a carry over from the Miata. It needed that area for an exhaust component that the 124 doesn't require...unfortunately they didn't eliminate.

aloha mike

·
Registered
116 Posts
The hump is the subwoofer for the Bose stereo. If you don't have the Bose system it is a styrofoam insert that can be removed but the carpet will won't sit flat

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
What hill-hold feature?!?!?
Pull up to a stop on a hill,out of gear, and let go of the brake. The car sits still for a few seconds

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
That HUMP is a carry over from the Miata. It needed that area for an exhaust component that the 124 doesn't require...unfortunately they didn't eliminate.

aloha mike
Hit it with a hammer!

Reactions: Mike34

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
The hump is the subwoofer for the Bose stereo. If you don't have the Bose system it is a styrofoam insert that can be removed but the carpet will won't sit flat
The hump I'm referring to would be at the side of the handbrake on the floorboard...around the top of calf area.

The Hump you are referring to is in the footwell for the passenger. (yes some people have removed the styrofoam insert...and gained a couple of inches (thats huge) but the carpet doesn't lay or sit right after...if that doesn't bother you and you need a few inches of foot space...thats a good way to gain!

aloha mike

·
Registered
54 Posts
I see... it's the subwoofer that is mostly in the way. Not a great spot, considering it takes up roughly a third of the passenger floorspace.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm curious to what option/feature you discovered while just messing around with your Spyder?

We just picked ours up last night, so have not read anything or played with the info system. I'm wondering what people have found that they didn't know about.
Watch this for more things you may or may not know about your new 124.

·
Registered
117 Posts
How about this? On the back side of each sun visor, towards the middle of the car, is a credit card holder.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I found the fuel consumption app in the menue that shows trip and running total in the multi function display very good.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've used that fuel monitor from day 1.... is it really likely that most owners are not aware of its existence ???
It is amazing what a lot of people do not know about their cars. Even if they read their owners manual, how many are aware the downloadable owners manual online is larger and contains more info than the one they get at the dealer?

Reactions: Magoffin
121 - 140 of 180 Posts