Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

141 - 160 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you tap the gas door while the car is locked, the next time the car is unlocked, the door will pop open.
So what is the routine for opening the filler cap ? I find it mildly annoying that I have to use the key fob when I get round to the lefthand side (RHDcar) ?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
So what is the routine for opening the filler cap ? I find it mildly annoying that I have to use the key fob when I get round to the lefthand side (RHDcar) ?
When I have the fob in my pocket, I just press on the fuel door and it opens. If I don't have the fob in my pocket, it won't open.

Reactions: Mike34

·
Registered
108 Posts
Unless my car is different, this is how it works:

Situation A: CAR IS UNLOCKED:

You do not need the FOB to open the fuel filler door. Anyone can open your fuel door and siphon your gas if you leave you car unlocked.

Situation B: CAR IS LOCKED:

The fuel filler door will not open, even if you have your FOB within 31" of the door. Unlike the rear trunk release and the exterior door locks, the fuel door is not a proximity switch. Of course, you can use the FOB to unlock the car, but then you are in Situation A.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My wife and I went for a drive this weekend. She had been driving the car a lot this summer and says: "You may want to turn your air vent back on". Sure enough, there is a rotary knob that turns the vents on and off...I had never noticed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm curious to what option/feature you discovered while just messing around with your Spyder?

We just picked ours up last night, so have not read anything or played with the info system. I'm wondering what people have found that they didn't know about.
Hi i have posted a reply on a fuel consumption thread but i think it is more relevent here in the multi screen display there is a fuel consumption display which not only gives a running total but a trip reading in the form of a bar chart its displayed for a few seconds after switch off its much better than the small display in the dashboard.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
For those who do not know about the Fuel Economy Monitor I have attached a photo. It is extremely accurate and great for checking your car's performance, along with any relative economy changes following modifications etc. I tend to use it as my default display (if not using the satnav function). Settings need to be set of course!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Didn’t know about this! (y)

·
Registered
66 Posts
For those who do not know about the Fuel Economy Monitor I have attached a photo. It is extremely accurate and great for checking your car's performance, along with any relative economy changes following modifications etc. I tend to use it as my default display (if not using the satnav function). Settings need to be set of course! View attachment 73130
you're getting much better MPG than I am. Mine is usually around 32. wth?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Here is our Hints, Tips, and Tricks For New Spider Owners, Part 2 This YouTube video focuses at the 7" screen but adds a few other tips and also talks about the yellow wrench light, what it means, and how to reset it.

Hints, Tips, and Tricks for New Spider Owners, Part 2

Reactions: mig_akira

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
remove trunk liner on the right side of the trunk and you can fit a regular golf bag with its irons and the drivers also but outside of the bag.

I put some air bubble plastic so drivers don t hit side wall.

·
Registered
2 Posts
  • Notch for stowing the towing eye behind the tire repair kit.
  • My engine cover not branded as MultiAir.
  • That my tires were fine, just needed to reset/calibrate the TPMS system after setting tire pressures properly.
  • Body color insert in taillights.
  • LED headlights being servo-controlled.
  • You can push the top latch into a different position when re-closing so it doesn't scrape the header.
  • That the trick to stowing the top while seated is to quickly push it down in one swift motion vs. trying to press it down slowly until it latches.
  • The little rubber switch under the trunk lid to open it (vs. the fob or dash button).
  • That I could add nav to my nav-ready system for $60 from Amazon.
I got a card from Ebay for £23

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
The display never lasts long enough after turning off the car.
What are you interested in seeing? The only thing I ever want to continue when I turn off the engine is the radio.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Yeah, kind of agree. I mostly don't look or forget to look. They should just use an avg mpg setting in the trip odometer like most cars.

·
Registered
146 Posts
#Magoffin pretty much nailed all the insider secrets! Enjoy exploring. Got my nav on Amazon and it works perfect.

141 - 160 of 168 Posts