Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

161 - 168 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
You can shut off the engine with the top down. Put up the top, and if you don’t open the door, there’s still power to the windows to put them up.
I grabbed a cool little mod from MX5things that when you open the roof the windows go down all the way and when you close it they fully close. Do t think I have touched my window buttons since.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I grabbed a cool little mod from MX5things that when you open the roof the windows go down all the way and when you close it they fully close. Do t think I have touched my window buttons since.
software?

·
Premium Member
2,358 Posts
@Chipshot its hardware. Hooks up directly to the drivers side door switches. Its great, but my routine is all messed up now. I use to open the top while standing outside, then close the top to avoid any rubbing. But the up/down function is disabled when the door is open.

There is a way around it, but it calls for a few extra steps, don't close the top all the way, then lift it a little then close. But now its possible the rub will happen. I'm still figuring out the nuances.

One additional feature that is VERY cool, is the FOB connection. With that you can push the unlock twice, and the windows roll down when yo walk up.

aloha mike

·
Premium Member
2,358 Posts
@Benardos I STILL REACH FOR MY SWITCHES.... out of pure habit and routine. lol

aloha mike

·
Registered
34 Posts
I average 45 mpg since I bought the car.... this is UK gallons ( which equates to 37 mpg US gallons). If I'm on a long run (cruise control at ~ 67 mph), I can get around 55 mpg. If I drive "hard" it drops to ~ 32 mpg.
you're getting much better MPG than I am. Mine is usually around 32. wth?
Holy moly, I get about 24 to 25 mpg US on my commute to work from Laguna Beach to Irvine and about 15 to 22 mpg around town in Laguna Beach. Of course I enjoy driving in a spirited manner, do full stops at stop signs and navigate hills. There are 10 stop signs on my commute to get out of town and sometimes backed up with traffic. Then I fly at maximum speed allowed by the Highway Patrol on the 73 Tollroad climbing from sea level to about 1,000 feet and finally back to about sea level.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Holy moly, I get about 24 to 25 mpg US on my commute to work from Laguna Beach to Irvine and about 15 to 22 mpg around town in Laguna Beach. Of course I enjoy driving in a spirited manner, do full stops at stop signs and navigate hills. There are 10 stop signs on my commute to get out of town and sometimes backed up with traffic. Then I fly at maximum speed allowed by the Highway Patrol on the 73 Tollroad climbing from sea level to about 1,000 feet and finally back to about sea level.
There's something about the Spider that encourages a heavy right foot. Even then, it's pretty efficient.

Reactions: CDPond

·
Registered
537 Posts
I can't wait to get out west to Utah and see what she can do up the hills. I imagine I wont be getting the 40 mpg I get in suburban Chicago.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I can't wait to get out west to Utah and see what she can do up the hills. I imagine I wont be getting the 40 mpg I get in suburban Chicago.
The only time that I drove a car with a turbocharged engine at extreme altitude was driving my 1984 Mercedes Benz 300D Turbodiesel over Ebbets Pass the Sierra Nevada (about 8700 ft.) and up to the Bristlecone Pine forest in the White Mountains (about 12,000 ft.). The car would hardly move until the turbo spooled up. Then the car had good power. Talk about turbo lag! That was it. I am sure that a modern turbocharged engine would be much better.

161 - 168 of 168 Posts