Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 124 ABARTH spider
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting this thread to bring a light to those who drive their cars, as I’m approaching 75k miles. I want to see the higher miles 124 spiders

it may help others notice their reliability

·
Registered
2017 Abarth Nero Cinema
41 Posts
I am also curious as I commute 70 miles a day in mine. I bought it with 13k a couple months ago and now have 19k on it so not high mileage yet.

·
Premium Member
2018 Abarth
119 Posts
Bought my Abarth late November '18 as a fun DD. A hair under 58k miles when I did my oil change last Thursday, and not a single mechanical drivetrain issue to report.

I did recently notice, however, that I have the common problem of the top rubbing on the roll bars when it's lowered. Haven't looked up how to adjust that yet, though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I bought mine in nov at 44.5k and i am at roughly 46.8k so good to hear others enjoy them daily! Any convenience mods or what not you'd recommend at 75k?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am at 54k and I haven't had any issues except with a aftermarket charge pipe that had a hole develop in it. The only issue I have now is a emissions code that comes and goes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought mine in nov at 44.5k and i am at roughly 46.8k so good to hear others enjoy them daily! Any convenience mods or what not you'd recommend at 75k?
My Car is pretty heavily modified as my car has full intake downpipe custom exhaust, its been lowered Etc;
right as i got to about 50k miles i started to notice the diverter valve plastic cracking and leaking so id recommend getting a upgraded diverter valve so it holds boost better through the gears. and as you can id recommend getting better intercooler piping with the stock spider piping has a lot of connection points and tend to leak a decent amount
it almost seems my car gets a new boost leak every other week. I'm putting a intercooler and new piping soon

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am at 54k and I haven't had any issues except with a aftermarket charge pipe that had a hole develop in it. The only issue I have now is a emissions code that comes and goes.
where did you get your charge pipe

·
Registered
2018 Abarth Spider
8 Posts
2018 bought new in May of 2019. It's my DD, and I have a 60 mile commute, so I'm pushing 68,000 smiles. I'm running EC p2 (last 20,000miles) and had p1 from about 5000 miles. The only issue I've had is with the blind spot monitoring giving me occasional false indications on the drivers side. Car runs like a champ

She gets regular oil/filter changes every 5000 miles (Amsoil), air filter cleaning every other oil change, plugs every 25,000 miles (NGK) and tires last about 25,000 miles, too. I'm still on my original brake pads and rotors.

Great car, very reliable, super fun to drive!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2018 bought new in May of 2019. It's my DD, and I have a 60 mile commute, so I'm pushing 68,000 smiles. I'm running EC p2 (last 20,000miles) and had p1 from about 5000 miles. The only issue I've had is with the blind spot monitoring giving me occasional false indications on the drivers side. Car runs like a champ

She gets regular oil/filter changes every 5000 miles (Amsoil), air filter cleaning every other oil change, plugs every 25,000 miles (NGK) and tires last about 25,000 miles, too. I'm still on my original brake pads and rotors.

Great car, very reliable, super fun to drive!
how do you like the EC Phase 2?

·
Registered
2018 Abarth Spider
8 Posts
P2 is great. The car is very responsive to throttle, and a lot of fun in just about every driving condition. It's good in both sport and normal modes, but I actually get slightly better mileage in sport mode (if I'm being "good"). EC deserves kudos for their products and customer service. Everything I've ordered from them has been a) top quality, b) shipped immediately, c)well packaged, and d) immediately supported should you have a question or need assistance. I am happy to do business with them, as well as with GoodWin Racing...another great vendor for our cars.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
P2 is great. The car is very responsive to throttle, and a lot of fun in just about every driving condition. It's good in both sport and normal modes, but I actually get slightly better mileage in sport mode (if I'm being "good"). EC deserves kudos for their products and customer service. Everything I've ordered from them has been a) top quality, b) shipped immediately, c)well packaged, and d) immediately supported should you have a question or need assistance. I am happy to do business with them, as well as with GoodWin Racing...another great vendor for our cars.
thankyou for that, ill have to start working with them to build a custom tune for my car

·
Registered
140 Posts
I guess I have the most mileage so far in the pact. I got a 2017 Fiat spider abarth with 66thousand miles and ongoing. I have approximately 100miles commute monday to friday to work and every other saturday. All stock just got record monza exhaust done last saturday. Had previous post before of cylinder 3 misfire due to burnt exhaust valve(not a mechanic.lol) but that's what the paper said and with help of people here in forum it was fixed with some battle with the corporate to cover it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I guess I have the most mileage so far in the pact. I got a 2017 Fiat spider abarth with 66thousand miles and ongoing. I have approximately 100miles commute monday to friday to work and every other saturday. All stock just got record monza exhaust done last saturday. Had previous post before of cylinder 3 misfire due to burnt exhaust valve(not a mechanic.lol) but that's what the paper said and with help of people here in forum it was fixed with some battle with the corporate to cover it.
close im at 75k

·
Registered
140 Posts
close im at 75k
oh wow! I thought I'm already using mines a lot. Did you get any extended warranty for it? I got the max care mopar vehicle protection for another 75thousand miles or 5 years because I know problems would happen again. I'm just thinking if the parts would still be available since they stopped making it this year. Even record monza I got it used.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oh wow! I thought I'm already using mines a lot. Did you get any extended warranty for it? I got the max care mopar vehicle protection for another 75thousand miles or 5 years because I know problems would happen again. I'm just thinking if the parts would still be available since they stopped making it this year. Even record monza I got it used.
[/QUOT
i voided the warrenty the day i bought it

·
Registered
83 Posts
so did they sell you the hot and cold sides by them selves
No I bough the car @46k and the previous owner put on the intercooler kit from them. It was only the hot side that had the issue since oil blowing by the turbo degraded the silicon inside the pipe. The Kevlar was still intact but there was about a inch long slit in the piping.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts