Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I barely fit this car with headroom, and part of the problem is the blind spot this rear view mirror causes. It seems huge for this car. I rotated it around 180 degrees and pushed all the way up, helps but not enough. It is a driving and safety issue for me. I found some on Rev8, but no reviews. I realize I will likely loose home link and auto dimming, which I am willing to give up.

Anyone have suggestions?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I barely fit this car with headroom, and part of the problem is the blind spot this rear view mirror causes. It seems huge for this car. I rotated it around 180 degrees and pushed all the way up, helps but not enough. It is a driving and safety issue for me. I found some on Rev8, but no reviews. I realize I will likely loose home link and auto dimming, which I am willing to give up.

Anyone have suggestions?
I agree. Just uninstall it and buy the base mirror for a NC or ND MX-5. They are the same mirror and they are much slimmer.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just order the ZOOM Penta 190 Rear View Mirror from Rev 9. They checked with ZOOM and they said it should work. I will update and show photos when I get it. I just can't live with the blind spot the HUGE OEM Home Link mirror creates. Both for taking right hand turns and safety.

·
Registered
560 Posts

Anyone have suggestions?
Couldn't live without the auto-dim. Was a part of my previous bimmer, too. Too many much larger cars and suvs with higher headlights and the auto-dim means i never have to think about it. I'm 6'2" and, fortunately, the blind spot issue is workable for me.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Couldn't live without the auto-dim. Was a part of my previous bimmer, too. Too many much larger cars and suvs with higher headlights and the auto-dim means i never have to think about it. I'm 6'2" and, fortunately, the blind spot issue is workable for me.
I hear you. But that was not an option I could locate. This is an extra car for me so really I don't drive it at night much, in fact only once since I have owned it. While I have almost missed two cars pulling out to the right in the blind spot!! (all it takes is one!) And I find myself having to duck and look under the mirror on tighter turns. Bummer to loose both functions though.

This mirror is actually bigger than our Jeep Wrangler mirror, and the same size as our MDX and Avalanche mirrors! Wish they had spent a little on R&D and not bought off the shelf for this.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A sketch showing the outlines of the Mazda Home Link, Zoom Penta, and Zoom Oval. Just for comparison. I will take photos, but they don't always tell the whole story.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Is there a way to tighten the rear view mirror, when using the homelink and push one of the buttons, the mirror moves. I want it to make it sturdy. tia

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
patiently waiting to see how you detached the oem and attached the new ....'cause we know that you are going to get the 'red' one .....:d
lol!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Bulldog ...we probably have the same cars with the luxury package ....did you order the one with the windshield sensor?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bulldog ...we probably have the same cars with the luxury package ....did you order the one with the windshield sensor?
Whew, it has been a process. I do have the luxury package.

I don't think my sensor matched the one they had in their photo. They had me take photos inside and out. Then they sent the photos to ZOOM in Japan to figure out what would work. Apparently they have sold them to 124's in Japan.

The best thing to do is contact them and make sure they know it is for a 124 on your order. But firstly use me as a test mule and let's see if mine fits. I will post photos you can use to show them and make sure.

I guess there is a holiday in Japan this week, so my order is delayed.

Sorry, I ordered carbon. I thought hard about the red, but the chances of it matching were slim. Plus with the dot matrix on the glass, sensor, and know I am going to try and hide (as best I can) a Valentine One on the right behind the mirror (or 50% behind), I thought it would look busy. Honestly don't know why I even order carbon...I am a gear geek apparently

·
Registered
211 Posts
hmmm id love homelink, and I'm short. Wonder if the wiring is already there in my non-luxury package car? if so I may want to buy your old one... and I just noticed you're here in CO.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
N
hmmm id love homelink, and I'm short. Wonder if the wiring is already there in my non-luxury package car? if so I may want to buy your old one... and I just noticed you're here in CO.
Sorry Steve, I am going to keep it.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Installed the Zoom mirror today. Makes a huge difference! My line of sight is so much better, and safer. Install was super easy. Tucked the home link wires up under the plastic above the mirror, can't see them at all. Very pleased with it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts