Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I was willing to put some carbon hood vent on my 124 abarth, but I don’t know which one to get and most important, I wanted to know if people are having issues with it ? (water/rust/ecc) and some tips from people that already did it (how did they cut the aluminum heat protection under the hood)

Thank you very much !!

have a nice 124 day

·
Premium Member
2,990 Posts
I entered the words "hood vent", and it came up with a couple of threads that discuss this very topic. But this one in particular is the best answer to your question.... Calehedron talks about this to a large degree of detail in his thread called "going all in". You'll see photos of what he did (both from the top and underside showing where he cut the heat shield.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I entered the words "hood vent", and it came up with a couple of threads that discuss this very topic. But this one in particular is the best answer to your question.... Calehedron talks about this to a large degree of detail in his thread called "going all in". You'll see photos of what he did (both from the top and underside showing where he cut the heat shield.
could you please kindly send me the link ? thank you mate

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Someone here did it a while ago and posted pictures.

·
Premium Member
2,990 Posts

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
could you please kindly send me the link ? thank you mate
Hi...Just type into search above the words CDPond sent you then go to page 29, Cheers
ron

·
Registered
385 Posts
Reactions: depotdan

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hello everyone, I was willing to put some carbon hood vent on my 124 abarth, but I don’t know which one to get and most important, I wanted to know if people are having issues with it ? (water/rust/ecc) and some tips from people that already did it (how did they cut the aluminum heat protection under the hood)

Thank you very much !!

have a nice 124 day
Look into the one from deyeme racing! I know they even have photos on here of how it looks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts