Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone seen the youTube vids from Hoonigan they are customizing Three 124 Spiders and then taking them to the track and picking Team drivers based on lap times. pretty cool they picked the 124 for this . i love the rally car they make in video 3 looks like a handful

·
Registered
381 Posts
I follow the Hoonigan channel pretty closely, I really enjoyed that contest and the exposure it gave for the car! I just wish they would've done more than just an axle-back exhaust and done some sort of tune. I also don't believe they built the rally car they use, that is made by Fiat and called the Abarth R-GT if I'm not mistaken.

Reactions: colmfmurphy

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agreed they should have done more to the cars ie tune , etc. I didn't know that about the rally car very interesting. It was nice to see that they took basically stock cars and beat on them like that, and they handled it well.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
I followed Sara Price on Instagram (sarapricemx) only cuz she drove the Abarth...

·
Vendor
3,657 Posts
The rally cars they run are factory built cars, you can buy one yourself if you have means. Prepare youself for stick shock! They are about 300K.

While the female driver seems to get all the attention, it's the other driver that actually won, taking first in class in the Mt Washington hill climb, and 6th overall, which is really impressive since the only cars faster were in a completely different category.

Check out this insane run here:

Greg

·
Registered
381 Posts
Their daily videos is my morning breakfast entertainment, I was really happy to see them show this car some love! It was a also cool insight into how this style of racing is prepared for and performed.

·
Registered
825 Posts
The rally cars they run are factory built cars, you can buy one yourself if you have means. Prepare youself for stick shock! They are about 300K.

While the female driver seems to get all the attention, it's the other driver that actually won, taking first in class in the Mt Washington hill climb, and 6th overall, which is really impressive since the only cars faster were in a completely different category.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52UXPlRkjN0

Greg

I was scared just watching that by the end. I need to go home and spend some quiet time in the wife's Ford Escape and calm down.

Reactions: Kelpie and jetlag

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
looks like fun!

·
Registered
662 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52UXPlRkjN0

Greg

I was scared just watching that by the end. I need to go home and spend some quiet time in the wife's Ford Escape and calm down.
A couple of years ago, I drove slowly up Mount Washington in my Fiat 500... Scared the heck out of me!

Living in New Hampshire, I figured that it was something I should do at least once so I can say I did... But never again.

Reactions: Greg
1 - 10 of 10 Posts