Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Yes friendly members the month has come where the day light is decreasing and the nights are getting longer and I have 29 days left before I winterize my summer better half. Days are getting colder, and also rainy and sunny days is like counting sheep.

So what do you suggest to my annual depression. Most of the works on are done, on it. Come Spring I plan to do ceramic coating, and that's it. It's going to be a cold long winter. Oh yes forgot one thing, going south for 2 months, but I wont have a spider to drive there. 馃槺 馃が

Registered
So sorry for my northern brothers and sisters.

Registered
Hey Frank, bring it down here with you. When you go home, leave it here with me. it will be garaged at all times, unless I am driving it of course!! 馃榿

Registered
4547E79E-A708-4B81-9EF8-AAF942116D9B.jpeg

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Winter? What鈥檚 that?
It's a Hurricane catagory 5, Winter starts in mid November and ends in mid April 馃巺馃巺馃巺馃巺馃巺
and instead of being rain it's cold snow.

Rene, I was thinking of it, but since you mentioned I think my spider will better off in my garage than yours..;):D

Registered
Come visit Calgary Frank, and you'll instantly feel better. We got a foot of snow on the ground this past weekend, a good month before we should be seeing any signficant amounts. From what I'm seeing you still have fall weather, so enjoy it on my behalf. :)

Registered
That's why you spend the summer driving, and buying stuff for the little projects. Thin in winter you do them.

Or move. South.

Or pray to the global warming gods to get things heated up faster.

Registered
It's a Hurricane catagory 5, Winter starts in mid November and ends in mid April 馃巺馃巺馃巺馃巺馃巺
and instead of being rain it's cold snow.

Rene, I was thinking of it, but since you mentioned I think my spider will better off in my garage than yours..;):D
Ok Ok, maybe I will talk to you know who and his discontinued 4C. Maybe he wants it down south for the winter. We will be done with hurricanes by then, lol.

Registered
Yes friendly members the month has come where the day light is decreasing and the nights are getting longer and I have 29 days left before I winterize my summer better half. Days are getting colder, and also rainy and sunny days is like counting sheep.

So what do you suggest to my annual depression...
Do what @Santtu has done, fit a hardtop and fit winter tyres/tires with studs, and go have fun in the snow!

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the thought, but my Murano is better equiped for winter, My spider is my summer toy.

Registered
I keep mine on a battery tender in the garage, and last winter I took it out at least once a month on sunny dry days when the temps were above 45F. Last December 1st was sunny and 62F here, so I had a nice long drive.
I found this helps in dealing with 124 postpartum depression as well as offsets the winter storage startup issue. If I get a month with consistent bad weather, I just start it up and let it idle for a bit.
Note: I work from home and flexibility is key with this approach.

Registered
It's Summer 365 down here in Fort Lauderdale. Will take a hurricane scare over cold, snow and ice any day of the year. It's a sad thought for sure, not to have my Zoom Zoom.

Registered
Yeah, winter is a drag for us northern peeps. I had numerous "fun" cars over the years that I had to winter and it sucks during that time. However, I do not do anything to store this car, or the ones before it, except for the occasional ride on the battery tender. During the winter, if the roads are dry and there is no danger of getting salt on my car, I will take it out. The car has a good heater and seat warmers, so it will be just fine in the cold. The only option I wish was available on this car is a steering wheel heater. I have that in my truck and Jeep and they are nice.

Registered
Drive it...use mine all year round. Although granted we don't get impassable roads in the NW UK, but I just fit winter tyres/ studs if needed and be sensible .Don't see the point in putting it away.

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, winter is a drag for us northern peeps. I had numerous "fun" cars over the years that I had to winter and it sucks during that time. However, I do not do anything to store this car, or the ones before it, except for the occasional ride on the battery tender. During the winter, if the roads are dry and there is no danger of getting salt on my car, I will take it out. The car has a good heater and seat warmers, so it will be just fine in the cold. The only option I wish was available on this car is a steering wheel heater. I have that in my truck and Jeep and they are nice.
Use heated gloves LOL or these little pouch that skiers use to put in their boots and gloves, does work and keept your parts heated for a couple of hours.

Registered
We get a few mornings of 30掳 weather here in the Bay Area every year, and I鈥檝e got the top down on those days. Obviously no snow to contend with, though. I do wish it had a heated steering wheel like our Scat Pack, but my driving gloves do well enough.

Registered

So what do you suggest to my annual depression. Most of the works on are done, on it. Come Spring I plan to do ceramic coating, and that's it. It's going to be a cold long winter. Oh yes forgot one thing, going south for 2 months, but I wont have a spider to drive there. 馃槺 馃が
I'm heading down south for the winter and I'll miss my spider (a lot), but I have my winter car ready to go in Florida.
20190720_122610 (2).jpg
20170202_163341 (1).jpg

1 - 20 of 30 Posts