Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

Registered
Actually living in Oklahoma this is the best part of the year for my Spider.....in the summer after 11AM it is to hot to drive with the top down...but I love driving with the top down even when it gets into the 30's with the sun out....

Registered
The sad days are coming for me too. Annual dealer service is planned next week, so today I switched back to stock air intake and ECU. Will probably hibernate my Spider at the end of october. :(

Registered
The problem I have with driving in the winter is the salted roads.

Registered
I'm okay with driving in the winter, as long as the roads aren't salty. It takes a good heavy rain or two to clear them up around me. I have a dedicated winter beater that takes the brunt of the winter driving. To get past the winter doldrums of not being able to drive the Spider, I just play some Forza 7 and drive the 124 Spider in anger on the track on the old X Box!

Registered
Yes friendly members the month has come where the day light is decreasing and the nights are getting longer and I have 29 days left before I winterize my summer better half. Days are getting colder, and also rainy and sunny days is like counting sheep.

So what do you suggest to my annual depression. Most of the works on are done, on it. Come Spring I plan to do ceramic coating, and that's it. It's going to be a cold long winter. Oh yes forgot one thing, going south for 2 months, but I wont have a spider to drive there. ? ?
Here鈥檚 what I bought to help deal with the 鈥淲inter is Coming鈥 depression. Have had it for two weeks and still drive the 124 every day but the Stelvio Ti Sport is quite a spirited ride for a SUV! Unfortunately I won鈥檛 get to go south for two months so this will have to do in the ice and snow!

E872EB3B-0E63-4E70-B0E0-364B77CF384F.jpeg

Premium Member
Just got my fall oil and filter change completed yesterday, so she's ready to be covered up and sit out the winter. And today.... it's snowing in Calgary (again). Should begin melting by tomorrow, but even so, I really.... really... .really.... hate winter. :)

Registered
Just got my fall oil and filter change completed yesterday, so she's ready to be covered up and sit out the winter. And today.... it's snowing in Calgary (again). Should begin melting by tomorrow, but even so, I really.... really... .really.... hate winter. :)
I truly do hate this for you, Frankmar, Tom, you know, that guy with the 4C, and others in the frozen Canadian hinder lands. Surely you get some pretty days you can take her out for a spin? It seldom snows here, anything under 70F and I am wearing winter coats. My Spanish blood can't stand it.

Reactions: sharkcohen

Read Only
This is my first year down south with a vehicle in running condition so I am totally psyched to be able to drive the Spider year round. I've always had British sports cars up North that had to hibernate and I hated having to look at them all winter in the garage.

Registered
I feel you Frank.

I just dropped my car off for winter storage :( again. Time for the miserable Canadian winter again...

Do you guys change oil each season? I was only able to put 5000km on mine this season.

Frank next time you're down here let me know we'll meet up.

Premium Member
I feel you Frank.

I just dropped my car off for winter storage :( again. Time for the miserable Canadian winter again...

Do you guys change oil each season? I was only able to put 5000km on mine this season.

Frank next time you're down here let me know we'll meet up.
For what it's worth, I try to do an oil and filter change every 5000 to 6000 km. Then again, I was stupid enough to purchase a package of prepaid oil and filter changes when I added the extended warranty. So I pick up the supplies from the dealer and do my own changes at home, then take the used materials back to them for disposal.

Registered
I have been looking for a long time for ways to cope with depression on my own, without resorting to the help of a doctor and medication, but I came to the conclusion that the best way to solve the problem would be to find the most popular kratom online and finally try it. Now this is the way that I have been feeling healthy and happy for more than a year. But if I hadn't come across a guy's post about the benefits of kratom once, I probably wouldn't be writing to you now, since I would have rotted in my grave long ago

Registered
I cured it about 14 years ago. After 46 years of cold Ottawa winters, we packed up and moved South. Lots of places to choose from. We Tried the Woodlnads just north of Houston (too humid in the summers) for a few years. Then Northern Virginia...nice but it still gets snow...then Naples...nice except when the snow birds show up and clog up the roads...then Charlotte and now Durham. We still see snow...but i just stay in for the day or two until its gone. Me, the Ferrari and the spider can drive all year round! JP

Registered
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I hate when people remind me to winterizing the spider. LOL
I need to call the car insurance telling them to winterizing the spider at end of month. Got an extra month this year due to mild weather in November. Tomorrow about 15c but I won't be able to take her cause doing some work at my nephew's place.

Registered
For me, depression has become a habit since I was 17 years old, which at certain times of the year reminds me of itself with special force. At the very beginning of the journey, I gave my preference to antidepressants, sessions with a psychotherapist and yoga, but none of this suited me, because the antidepressants blocked my emotions completely, so I did not feel anything at all. Even when I wanted to be happy. So after a while I decided to try https://urbanaroma.com/dc-marijuana-delivery/and stopped at this option of dealing with depression and dullness

Registered
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Well, called the insurance and told them, the spider, they said who, the 124, oK, will be off the road as of December 1. I may take her for the last spin on Sunday, 5c, for the last outing. I will remind her , all the goodies she got for 2020, which was not schedule for her to have.
(Yellow fog lights, oil cap billet with scorpion, air horns, shift knob, hood strut, ceramic coating, Android car play. and above all she did not get COVID-19)
Looks like next year, I don't see her getting too much goodies. Like this year LOL

Registered
I'm not too bummed out this year. It was my first full season with the car and I got in all the top down drives I could ever want. Now it's time to rest for 4 months and let my winter beater deal with the road salt, unpredictable drivers on summer tires and -30C cold starts.

Reactions: frankmar

Registered
Actually living in Oklahoma this is the best part of the year for my Spider.....in the summer after 11AM it is to hot to drive with the top down...but I love driving with the top down even when it gets into the 30's with the sun out....
How are the Spider's tires when temperatures are in the 30s?
Here鈥檚 what I bought to help deal with the 鈥淲inter is Coming鈥 depression. Have had it for two weeks and still drive the 124 every day but the Stelvio Ti Sport is quite a spirited ride for a SUV! Unfortunately I won鈥檛 get to go south for two months so this will have to do in the ice and snow!

View attachment 73376
My wife has a red Stelvio (Lusso), and I have a silver Giulia. Snow tires make the Giulia a terrific winter car, though ground clearance limits its usefulness in the deep stuff.
I'm not too bummed out this year. It was my first full season with the car and I got in all the top down drives I could ever want. Now it's time to rest for 4 months and let my winter beater deal with the road salt, unpredictable drivers on summer tires and -30C cold starts. View attachment 80356 View attachment 80357
Is the Benz your winter beater?

Registered
Reactions: wolf18t
21 - 40 of 47 Posts