Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for the first 1,000 miles I tried to keep my revs at or around 3,000 to 3,500 rpm.
I'm planning to change oil and filter at 2,000 miles and put in Mann filter and Pennsoil Euro 5-40 full syenthethic ..
So do you guys really push you car hard or are you happy with just enjoying a sweet little car with a peppy engine.
Thanks. Cyberbill.

·
Retired Moderator
676 Posts
Just depends on the situation...sometimes I drive it like I stole it and push it to the limits..,other times I will cruise for hours never getting above 3000 rpm...

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
I've been driving it like I stole it since I drove it off the lot.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I try to perform an Italian tune up every time she's warmed up.

Reactions: bervin08

·
Registered
958 Posts
I drive it like a little old lady till the little blue light goes off. Then I drive it like I stole it. My car is running the Euro+Drive Lite Race+ boost map and has endured much performance testing over its first 10,000 miles. I have pushed it to the speed limiter for over 2 minutes. The car has performed as though I was babying it. Temp gauge has stayed in normal range. Oil remains clean and no drop in level. I suspect the only things that are wearing abnormally are the rear tires. ;)

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
I do take it very easy until it is warmed up.

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
I let it warm up, and if conditions permit, I'll have my foot to the boards at every opportunity.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I drive it like a little old lady till the little blue light goes off. Then I drive it like I stole it. My car is running the Euro+Drive Lite Race+ boost map and has endured much performance testing over its first 10,000 miles. I have pushed it to the speed limiter for over 2 minutes. The car has performed as though I was babying it. Temp gauge has stayed in normal range. Oil remains clean and no drop in level. I suspect the only things that are wearing abnormally are the rear tires. ;)
Speed limiter? Is there a speed limiter? Mine does not have any

·
Registered
958 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
If tried that anywhere in Australia, they'd cancel my licence and put me in jail.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I think SavageGeese puts it best: "this is a car you can drive flat-out, all the time, and not get in trouble."
Don't be too sure....trouble is always lurking...but the 124 is forgiving and compliant..it won't bite you as some other cars would... don't ask.... been in many "single car accidents"...as far as how hard it's driven? Once the blue light has been off for a couple of minutes it's game on, conditions permitting....

·
Registered
958 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts