Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I were to order a 124 Abarth stick this week, what is the realistic time frame for one to arrive? I am in Colorado.

Thank You!

Josh

·
Registered
534 Posts
Not sure how anyone could give you a realistic estimate, but the one I bought had originally been ordered by another party last September and just came in at the end of August.

·
Registered
350 Posts
My experience was similar as Rick's, original orderer ordered my Abarth auto July of 2016 and it came in the end of this past July. He bowed after waiting 8 months much to my benefit as I only had to wait about a month for it :)

·
Registered
2,359 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Thank You all for the replies. That is quite a while.

Josh
You can always build your car on the Fiat web site and then check dealer inventory up to 200 miles away. That's how I found my Spider while it was still in transit.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I waited 10 months, 2 days for mine. Ordered October 12, 2016, it arrived and I took delivery July 14 2017.

While I was waiting, I spent time reading this this forum and buying stuff for the car. I was able to buy stuff a little at a time to avoid getting the wife's attention.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You can always build your car on the Fiat web site and then check dealer inventory up to 200 miles away. That's how I found my Spider while it was still in transit.
This is what I was doing, but I was changing the zip code to look a lot further away than 200 miles. After weeks of searching a dealership about 300 miles away got exactly what I wanted, plus two more. All three were sold within the week.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I used the search tool non stop until I found what I wanted, about 200 mi away. Nearly entire drive on pch so well worth the trip �� ��

Reactions: littlejuanito

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Are you looking for something specific? I'm showing 23 hits in Denver dealers - couple of Classicas, couple of Abarths and a bunch of Lussos. Bet they'll negotiate hard to shift them this time of year...

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
This is what I was doing, but I was changing the zip code to look a lot further away than 200 miles. After weeks of searching a dealership about 300 miles away got exactly what I wanted, plus two more. All three were sold within the week.
Yep, do exactly this. Find a map of zip codes and select a scattering of codes in areas, and search around that area. You should be able to find something. The car I wanted was 900 miles away; fly and drive!

Reactions: littlejuanito

·
Registered
143 Posts
My dealer told me that the assembly line is Japan doesn't produce the cars on a consistent basis - that they switch over from Mazdas to 124's every six months or so. If that's true, it would go a long way to explaining the long wait times and FCA's inability to balance supply with demand (eg manuals vs automatics etc).

·
Registered
587 Posts
Every dealer you go to will tell you something different in regard to how long it will take to get an ordered car because every dealer has different "allocation". For example, dealers that sell a lot of Fiats will get more allocations and those that don't will not. The dealer I got my car from only had 3 allocations for 2017s and mine came in 11 months to the day from when they ordered it. However, the next closest dealer had over 30 allocations. A dealer can give you a general idea of when a specific car they have ordered will arrive so you may want to call the dealers that are closest to you and ask them what they are expecting since if it was recently ordered they may still have time to change the specifics to meet your requirements. Otherwise, many here have flown somewhere and driven the exact car they wanted home but personally, I like to buy from a local dealer as my first option, which can help with servicing and warranty work down the road.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello. Do you guys think is worth waiting 11 months? I can’t seem to find the exact model and packages I’m looking for and the only other option is to order it. I was even told it would be a 2019 model.

Now, for those of you that waited this long, were you guys able to haggle a good price or had to settle for msrp?

The best offer I’ve gotten so far is $34,999 plus taxes and fees for a White Abarth with Brembo, navi, and Lighting package, and of course... Recaro seats.

Also, if anyone can recommend me a specific dealer I should contact regarding ordering would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
587 Posts
My car was ordered exactly 11 months prior to the day I took delivery; I waited about 7 months from the time I committed to the car and the final price was agreed to, which was about $3k below MSRP on a no option Red/manual Abarth. Someone from CA may chime in with recommendations for a dealer but you can try and locate one elsewhere and do a fly & ride deal to avoid the wait.

·
Registered
152 Posts
One deal that's out there now that my insurance agent turned me on to is if you buy a Fiat and insure it through Met Life, you will get an additional rebate of $500. www.bonusdrive.com

Personally, I ordered a 2018 Lusso back in August, but after contacting the dealer several times about an update on its production, it still hasn't been assigned a VIN. I actually found the exact car I wanted at another dealer about 100 miles away and cancelled my order. Brought my new Lusso home last Friday and I am very happy. The dealer I purchased from gets a large allocation, but told me he has to order these cars 12-14 months in advance just to make sure they arrive on the lot on time.

·
Registered
587 Posts
For those of you that have ordered cars do not rely on your dealer to give you updates since the salesman often just asks their manager and they say it is in production or some other generic term. If you want the latest information such as the current order code email customer service ([email protected]) and if you do not have a VIN yet give them your Vehicle Order Number (VON), which your dealer can provide. I contacted them numerous times during the wait and they were always helpful but requested that one wait 2 weeks in between update requests since a car often does not move that much in the process.

·
Registered
746 Posts
One deal that's out there now that my insurance agent turned me on to is if you buy a Fiat and insure it through Met Life, you will get an additional rebate of $500. www.bonusdrive.com

Personally, I ordered a 2018 Lusso back in August, but after contacting the dealer several times about an update on its production, it still hasn't been assigned a VIN. I actually found the exact car I wanted at another dealer about 100 miles away and cancelled my order. Brought my new Lusso home last Friday and I am very happy. The dealer I purchased from gets a large allocation, but told me he has to order these cars 12-14 months in advance just to make sure they arrive on the lot on time.
On a whim, I checked the www.bonusdrive.com link and found that both my company & my wife's company participates. Awsome... Thanks for the tip. Probably going to order car in Spring.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts