Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently ordered a new 124 Lusso Plus, at the time of my order and paying a deposit the salesman said there is one in transit (the model and colour I wanted on the boat) and should be here in three to four weeks. I spoke to him yesterday and he said the same thing, surely the dealers must know when they are coming into the UK?

·
Registered
844 Posts
It seems to be taking anything up to around 5 months for cars to arrive at UK dealers after a new order is placed. After returning my Anniversary, I placed a deposit on an existing car that a dealer had ordered for their own stock, that was back in the middle of February, with a delivery date of "May/June" specified. Last time I checked the car was in transit from Japan on the way to Italy. I thought it was only the Abarth versions that made a trip via Italy but I'm assured by at least one dealer that all cars go via Italy. But they seem to take their time, and maybe wait until a large batch is ready before shipping them from place to place?

Welcome to the forum by the way, if I do decide to keep the new Spider, I should be visiting the forum a bit more, but North Yorkshire is a bit far from me for a meet!

Reactions: Alan

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply, as much as I would like the cat I am not going to wait that long, I need a firm commitment from the dealer or I am going to cancel?

·
Registered
844 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts