Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
21 - 40 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
For rattles:

Auto felt helps between panels behind seats and between many bits if trim.

Under the passenger dash there is a hvac tube which is quite loose. Best thing is to zip tie it up to a plastic bracket underneath (there is enough play in it).

Took me a few hours but all that solved cold-weather rattles

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
2017 purchased in January 2017, 20k miles. No issues. It's been hit once. $13k in repairs later and it is still doing great.

Reactions: depotdan

·
Banned
2,851 Posts

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
It’s too bad we can’t down vote posts.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
@Liquidsnake . PPF is paint protection film. It helps to protect against those nagging paint chips we so much love. When applied to the windshield it protects against sand pitting and minor stone damage. When used on headlights, it protects against sand pitting and protects the factory coating that keeps your headlights clear from wearing away. Not inexpensive. Suntek and Xpel are 2 of the more popular brands. Some is available online for the DIYer or it’s available installed. I have Suntec installed and I’m happy with it. I hope this answered your question.

Dan

·
Registered
359 Posts
@Liquidsnake . PPF is paint protection film. It helps to protect against those nagging paint chips we so much love. When applied to the windshield it protects against sand pitting and minor stone damage. When used on headlights, it protects against sand pitting and protects the factory coating that keeps your headlights clear from wearing away. Not inexpensive. Suntek and Xpel are 2 of the more popular brands. Some is available online for the DIYer or it’s available installed. I have Suntec installed and I’m happy with it. I hope this answered your question.

Dan
Thank you, I have had it on other cars (not windshield) just never heard the acronym.

·
Banned
2,851 Posts
Thank you, I have had it on other cars (not windshield) just never heard the acronym.
I dunno what ticked off the other people lol, I simply sent that link so you can see the varied definitions.

Hypersensitivity aside, be wary that it MIGHT affect your rain sensors if you have them.

·
Banned
2,851 Posts
Gabriel....we are google for the 124 spider. Ask and receive a prompt no BS reply 24/7. It’s this response that has made this Forum so great.

Dan
Again, I was facilitating a variety of definitions, Im no expert in ppf

And yes, we are.

Reactions: depotdan

·
Registered
287 Posts
16,000 kms/10000 miles, owned since jan 2018.

A few issues, non major. Fraying of the soft top at the internal corners (known issue), very minor rub on drivers side roll hoop resulting in no damage to soft top but a 5mm x 10mm patch of wear on the roll hoop cover. Drivers side door seal with 30mm tear near the A pillar, apparently a known issue which my mechanic spotted as it is not obvious unless looking. Accelerated drivers side seat bolster wear on leather as per others on this forum. Still burning oil, I have changed from Selenia to Penrite, so will update at next oil change. Had an engine shut down around 2000km/1200miles at 100kph/60mph, it restarted straight away as I was at speed and in gear. Registered as a computer self learning fault, had it cleared by the dealer and has not come back since. Loose rear right tail lamp, service department said tail lamp may be delaminating and, if so, will need replacing. No water ingress. Record monza exhaust valve stuck, remedied with antisieze and a clean, due for an inspection on my behalf.

All of the issues will be addressed at next service with dealer. Will update with results. Soft paint, chips and spider web scratches etc.

·
Registered
141 Posts
So some of you must be approaching two years by now. I’ve had mine for 18 months. I ‘m curious as to who has the highest mileage Spider by model year, especially those of you who use the 124 as a daily driver. And also if you had any mechanical issues, and when that occurred. So list your year, and current mileage...

Me...
Year: 2017
Miles: 9550
Problems: None
Very close to mine, also a daily drive, 2017 with 9680 miles and no problems...

·
Registered
141 Posts

Dan
wish I had done that to mine...have chips in the windshield and the nose...

·
Registered
145 Posts
2017 Classica bought July 2016. 22,943 miles. No problems. This is not a daily commute car. Its miles are mostly from long road trips. Often up and down the western US from Canada to Mexico many times. And last August, a month-long round trip loop (for 2) from Tacoma Washington to Key West Florida and back. My wife and I have gotten very skilled at max-packing the smallish trunk and other nooks and crannies for the road.

·
Registered
49 Posts
2017 Abarth, picked it up Nov 9th 2016 in Newport News Virginia, drove it back to Dallas Tx. 16,000 miles no her now no major issue to report.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
2017 purchased in January 2017, 20k miles. No issues. It's been hit once. $13k in repairs later and it is still doing great.
Oops, one minor but glaring issue: the damn leather and stitches on the outboard bolster of the driver seat! Started wearing and fraying in the first 1000 miles.

·
Registered
54 Posts
2017 Lusso (purchased Sep. 2016) ~24K Km (~15K miles). No issues.
Daily (short) driver - summer + winter in Toronto :)

21 - 40 of 106 Posts