Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Currently at 10,400 miles in 14 months of ownership. The only issue has been a botched U76 emissions update done by the dealer that resulted in a bricked PCM which was replaced under warranty. My car has been rock solid in spite of (or because of?) numerous modifications and a lot of track time. It doesn't seem to burn a drop of oil and has no rattles or leaks of any kind. My only complaint is the fairly delicate paint job as I have several chips in the noise.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So some of you must be approaching two years by now. I’ve had mine for 18 months. I ‘m curious as to who has the highest mileage Spider by model year, especially those of you who use the 124 as a daily driver. And also if you had any mechanical issues, and when that occurred. So list your year, and current mileage...

Me...
Year: 2017
Miles: 9550
Problems: None
I've been driving Miata's since I was retired 2003 put I thought the spider was prettier I bought my Abarth Spider in May, 2018 and have put on 26,658 :) That's like, twice what I ever put on a car before. Of course I sold my motorcycle last year and the spider is my only road fun now. I decided I was too old to ride at 68. I've driven all over the American southwest and through the southern rockies since then.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Purchased my 2018 Abarth almost a year ago. It has 6700 miles and no issues at all.

·
Registered
101 Posts
2017 Lusso bought in the Fall of 2016. It's not a daily driver and has 10,000 miles on it. The only mods are a phase one tune and a Remus exhaust.

Not a single problem so far.

·
Banned
3,010 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Dude why so many is your commute to work 200 miles each way?
Maybe he likes to take the long way. I took the Spider to my local grocery store a couple of weeks ago and I took the long way because I love driving the car so much. I was gone for 6.5 hours!

·
Registered
20 Posts
2017 Classica --- purchased Feb 17. 33,000 miles..... got rear ended twice in the same spot -- so 2 bumpers in 2018 replaced (plus paint -- FWIW -- here in Virginia that repair with paint is about 1200 dollars almost exact -- the offendors insurance covered both times but the second time I told the agent exactly what it would cost before he even came to look at it).

I have a little rattle that appears to be coming from around the rear glass window/defrost cable -- goes away after driving a little bit so I suspect it has to do with expansion/contraction of the fabric on the top....

Stock Yokohoma tires probably will need replaced before my Va State Insp in January.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
So some of you must be approaching two years by now. I’ve had mine for 18 months. I ‘m curious as to who has the highest mileage Spider by model year, especially those of you who use the 124 as a daily driver. And also if you had any mechanical issues, and when that occurred. So list your year, and current mileage...

Me...
Year: 2017
Miles: 9550
Problems: None
I have had my 2017 Fiat 124 Spider now for over 2 years with over 30k miles with no mechanical issues. The TPMS light occass
occassionally comes on, but never true so I reset it. This car so far has been as good as any Honda/Acura or Toyota car or truck that I have owned, so take that to Consumer Reports!

·
Registered
600 Posts
16,400 Miles:

Only issue fixed was a boost leak at lower intercooler passenger-side hose. It was replaced under warrantee.

2 times Nav system froze and needed to be rebooted.

Dealer also ordered new roof and roll bar covers as there was a bit of rubbing, been 3 months, they still don't have the parts. FIAT Service/Cust.support is a joke.

Car is solid, reliable and a bunch more enjoyable to drive in particular after the A/R Resonated Axle Back Exhaust was installed. A sweet daily driver, that I'd have no problem recommending new or used.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Purchased 02/17 - No problems to report.

15k miles in 28 months with 2400 mile recently accrued driving to Colorado and back for Fiat in the Rockies. I'm only averaging 6k miles/year. Definitely nowhere near the high mileage winner.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Its interesting reading through these and some shows the UK vs US differences.

Certainly driving small sport cars year round in all weathers isn't particularly novel in the UK, and we don't have the issue of massive trucks to contend with (although SUVs are getting bigger and more popular). Unless something really special I don't know.many people who garage a 20k car through winter - probably why everything pre2000s has rusted!!

Having said that, we don't get the heavy snow and ice the US do in some states.

Watching new series of wheeler dealers makes me.jealous of all the rust free older cars !!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Someone mentioned resetting TPMS. How do you do this. I haven't found anything in manual or car menu. Or maybe UK doesn't have this option, as some others.

I have around 4500km on a clock, doing open ended road trip and no issues. I certainly used a lot of brakes and rubber on mountain passes. I have some rattle, but not going to fight with it, it's too cheap car to care.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Arthur: I do the same as you; however dash board lights are off; still get the beep and TPMS goes off. No problems thus far.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Dude why so many is your commute to work 200 miles each way?
Maybe he likes to take the long way. I took the Spider to my local grocery store a couple of weeks ago and I took the long way because I love driving the car so much. I was gone for 6.5 hours!
I drive to customers for my work and get paid 50c / mile to do it in my own car spider or not. I bought my spider with the 7 year no mile limit warranty and hope to get my ROI and then some and do it in an enjoyable way.

Would I have a much better ROI if I went and bought a base model Fiesta? Yes, but anyone can drive a base model Fiesta...

41 - 60 of 99 Posts