5# transmission noise 1 day
6# CV boot came off 1.5 week
7# rear end gears are grinding PENDING

I have owned this car for 4 months now this is getting out of hang

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they wont lemon the car because the same thing has not happened 3 times its always something different

·
Registered
461 Posts
Not once. 7 months, 6500 miles.

No mechanical issues, but I have a minor issue with the roof rubbing against the roll bar. Convinced it's a design flaw.

I feel for you.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love this car but it getting out of hand
its been in the shop for almost 2 months all together

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I could see if i modified the car why i could break but the thing is 100% stock

·
Registered
351 Posts
1 year, 6000 miles, one trip to the dealer - for its first oil change. I'll do my own oil changes in the future.

No problems of any kind anywhere with it.

Sorry to hear about all your issues, evilspider. :-(

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm sorry to hear you've had so many problems, and hope that your experience is rare. I've had my Lusso 16 months and not a single hint of a problem. Been into the dealer once for her annual oil change.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
The lemon law sucks. It should be based on non-routine down time. I’m 5 months in with 7000+ miles. My only issues have been due to my mods and corrected by the mod vendors. Your situation should be addressed by FCA. Good luck and hang in there.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sorry to hear of your troubles.

Add me to the list of owners with zero issues at 8 months in. Had some CEL issues related to an exhaust mod that were resolved without a trip to the dealer. Overall experience and initial quality has be on par with my previous mx-5s - excellent.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Not once at 7000 miles. You have a lemon.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
6 months in service, 7800 miles, zero problems. Other than the fuel tank keeps losing its contents!! (Joke.) Classica 6-speed.

Sorry for your issues, and all the best for a problem free future.

Steve.

Reactions: jpwfz6

·
Registered
381 Posts
8 months, 16,000 miles, no trips to the dealer other than oil changes. The only issue I have had is the rubbing of the roof on one of the roll hoops as stated earlier and I believe I messed up the post-cat O2 sensor installing the GWR exhaust. Neither impact my daily driving so I have yet to address them, I'll worry about the roof closer to when I get an aftermarket roll hoop so that it doesn't happen again.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, sounds like a real pain. :(

·
Registered
56 Posts
11 months and almost 17K miles..... nothing wrong. I just get oil changes and drive it.
Its been very reliable.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Time and miles are the real test of reliability. Let's see what happens in 4 years and after 50k miles.
Seven repairs in four months of ownership is unacceptable. Two repairs in the 1st year of ownership is unacceptable in this day and age.

Paul

·
Registered
211 Posts
Sorry to hear of your problems.

Items 1,2, and 3 on your list look more like poor diagnoses by the dealership rather than 3 separate problems. Spark plug failure on a new car????? Either way, must be frustrating to be without your new car for so much time.

My car has a number of mods. No issues whatsoever. Do my own maintenance. Only trip to the dealership was my choice for a precision 4 wheel alignment, which they subsequently sub-contracted to the local Porsche dealership (same ownership group).

Parked it in a heated warehouse last night, removed the plates, put it to bed for the winter. Shed a tear last night. Can hardly wait for spring.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts