1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Reactions: wolf18t

·
Premium Member
2020 Fiat 124 Abarth, manual, Chiaro Silver, visability, navigation, convenience packages, brembos
193 Posts
One of my first mods "awaz" back.....
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,466 Posts
I think that pink is an old practice by Mopar. I worked with a guy who did a full restoration of his Dad’s 1968 Plymouth GTX. It had some engine compartment bits that were Barbie pink. It made no sense and he couldn’t explain it. Bit it was original!
Best regards
Pete

·
Registered
349 Posts
Bear in mind that since our 124's have been discontinued and are on their way to collector status, that pink dipstick , being an original part , may make all the difference fifty years from now between your 124 being worth one million or one hundred thousand on the BarrettJackson auction block.
Please, I beg you, hold onto your dipsticks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Bear in mind that since our 124's have been discontinued and are on their way to collector status, that pink dipstick , being an original part , may make all the difference fifty years from now between your 124 being worth one million or one hundred thousand on the BarrettJackson auction block.
I understand your point however 50 years from now any surviving Spiders will be in an auto museum or trailered to a car show. There will be no gasoline to drive them there. "Huh what's gasoline?" I say enjoy your Spider any way you want!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
If I am blessed enough to drive my 124 for 50 more years, ain't nobody gonna want it for even $1.00. It will be totally used up. In fact, that silver dipstick may well be the best working part left on it :) I bought this car for me to enjoy - not for the next person who owns it to enjoy.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Oh I now see what you mean. For some reason I went back and re-read your post and I will as you suggest "Hold on to my dip stick" 😉

1 - 9 of 9 Posts