Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Why would we, it's almost the same mod that Ameridan gave us, yes this seems more menu driven 2.50 while we had 1.51, but we still have the same info.

Next thing would be to have the Android Play.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I'm still hoping for an official free update to add CarPlay / Android Auto. KIA did it for my 2016 Sorrento so there is a precedent.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm still hoping for an official free update to add CarPlay / Android Auto. KIA did it for my 2016 Sorrento so there is a precedent.
i dont think they will, Fiat wants you to buy there navigation so why would they give you somthing to go around them

·
Registered
560 Posts
i dont think they will, Fiat wants you to buy there navigation so why would they give you somthing to go around them
I think the idea is that they might be doing a software upgrade to systems people already have. (Rumor is that Mazda has something in the works.)

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I hear what you're saying, but again - Kia did it so there's a precedent. And taking the same logic, why would any manufacturer offer CarPlay / Android Auto?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well i just did the install will give results when i get back in car

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I recommend everyone to do this its Free navigation with android auto makes the it way easier to get places once plugged in you push nob left and you just say where you want to go makes it way easier when your driving and you want to find local restaurants or gas stations also will tell you jokes ;)

Bluetooth works 100% of the time with the new update

Also lets you change the background picture

·
Registered
242 Posts
evilspider, Do I understand that you have been running this for 3 months now? And no bugs with the Android Auto?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
evilspider, Do I understand that you have been running this for 3 months now? And no bugs with the Android Auto?
I have been running the new update or 2 months now and have had ZERO problems

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So this works! Does it place the Mazda logo on the boot up screen? I’d frickin’ love to have AA
If you want the Mazda you can have it on the load up screen

I use AA everyday have had zero problems

·
Registered
242 Posts
OK, I'm ready to try it, but I certainly don't want to screw up the infotainment system by doing something wrong. I have already installed Ameridan's DOS-based infotainment tweaks (AIO 1.51Fiat). Can I just install the new version over this, or do I need to uninstall the former version first?
In the video linked at the beginning of this thread, the narrator (in March 2016) describes how to install the then current Windows based version (AIO V2). However, there apparently is a newer version (MZD-AIO-TI 2.7.0). The 2016 version says that it is for Fiat Spiders as well as Mazdas. The now 2.7 version on the Mazdatweaks.com site does not mention any cars other than Mazda's, but it says it should run on FW V55, V56, V58, AD V59 up to V59.00.502, and I think these include our systems. Does anyone have experience with installing versions newer than AIO V2?
Finally, I have Android Auto on my phone, and it works fine, do I need to connect the phone by USB cable to the infotainment system in order to have it work on the screen or does it work wirelessly?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have similar questions to truebill; if I use one of the Mazda AIO packages, will I have the ability to keep the Fiat bootup screens?

If there's no difference, then why has Ameridan been creating Fiat-versions of the AIO packages?

·
Registered
80 Posts
@truebill I have no basis for which to state this but I would not ever use the Mazda focused tool. From a software development point of view I bet they test it a million times on miatas and maybe once if ever on a spider. I get it its a soul crushing decision a lot lot like high stakes gambling but what comes to mind is you take it to a dealer and they see a mazda logo show up on the screen however briefly and they are gonna get pissy. On the other hand there are so relatively few spiders I doubt most dealer mechanics at chrysler would even notice the updated spider logo or abarth badge if they did you could just play dumb.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I had the developer of AIO 1.5 review my Fiat firmware back in August 2016, and that is why only the North American version of 56.00.521 made the approved list at that time. But if you've read the Change Log on my tweaks page, I discuss all of the Fiata changes I needed to make that do NOT exist in either the AIO 1.51 or the new Windows version of AIO (2.x) for Mazda vehicles.

AIO 2.7 will work fine for some tweaks, but you need to think them through - are they generic enough such that there will be no difference between Mazda and Fiat versions of the firmware. If you follow the Mazda forum on AIO 2.x, you'll see that it keeps getting updated (no stable base version) and there are still incidents of people bricking their systems and having to pay over $1,000 to have their CMUs replaced, so you determine whether you want to take on that risk.

truebill, for the most part, each tweak is independent, and unless you choose the boot animation tweak, your boot animations will remain intact. Do not choose that tweak in AIO 2.x!

Regarding Android Auto, I haven’t done any work on that tweak in AIO 1.51Fiat (I have not even tried it), which is version .93 if memory serves, is stable, no Bluetooth misbehavior, but may not commingle with the other CMU functions (Nav, radio, phone,etc) as well and is missing user control via vehicle buttons. trezdog's newest AA version is 1.05, which is available here. If it were me and I was determined to give AA a go, I think I would go with that latest version(at your own risk of course) after watching
(Spanish, but it has English subtitles). It also contains a Bluetooth patch so that incoming calls don't bounce you out of AA.

·
Super Moderator
948 Posts
Same hardware, . . .

@truebill I have no basis for which to state this but I would not ever use the Mazda focused tool. From a software development point of view I bet they test it a million times on miatas and maybe once if ever on a spider. I get it its a soul crushing decision a lot lot like high stakes gambling but what comes to mind is you take it to a dealer and they see a mazda logo show up on the screen however briefly and they are gonna get pissy. On the other hand there are so relatively few spiders I doubt most dealer mechanics at chrysler would even notice the updated spider logo or abarth badge if they did you could just play dumb.
Rex,
I'm under the impression that the infotainment system we have is common to the Miata. Is this correct?
It seems likely . . . :confused:
Best regards
Pete

1 - 20 of 83 Posts