Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

141 - 151 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry I didn't realize this thread was for EuroCompulsion kits only, and not DIYs.

I'll look for an appropriate generic catch can thread! Thanks again

·
Registered
744 Posts
Cross-posting, but looking for an answer before have to I un-install everything again...

I've already reached out to Chris at EC, but have any of you run across a problem with the O-Ring not staying in place on the EC Catch Can? I finally got mine installed, and when I was trying it to see how much effort checking/emptying it was going to take, I noticed that as soon as the O-Ring made contact with the top it popped out of it's groove. In the photo the cup is barely hand tight...

Attachments

·
Registered
744 Posts
Took it all back out until I get an answer (or another O-Ring) but I think I should mention that there was a noticeable amount of oil in the short hose that I had removed while it was installed.

·
Vendor
3,124 Posts
I just looked at a catch can to try and figure this out. The only thing I can come up with is that you might be over tightening it. If that's not it, I'll be glad to send you another catch can.

Greg

·
Registered
155 Posts
Took it all back out until I get an answer (or another O-Ring) but I think I should mention that there was a noticeable amount of oil in the short hose that I had removed while it was installed.
I had the same issue with the o-ring. I left it loose for now but have been meaning to reach out to EC about it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I just looked at a catch can to try and figure this out. The only thing I can come up with is that you might be over tightening it. If that's not it, I'll be glad to send you another catch can.

Greg
It just needs a smaller o-ring. If you don't one I'll get one at the hardware store.

·
Registered
744 Posts

Greg
I'm pretty sure that it's not over-tightened - the O-Ring is popping free as soon as the metal touches it. Might you got a few O-Rings that are a little big? What size SHOULD it be?

·
Vendor
3,124 Posts
Those cans come with the o-ring installed. If anyone has the wrong ring, just let us know and we will send another out.

Greg

·
Registered
435 Posts
For those of you that have fitted the hood lift kit (e.g. from Cobalt) and removed the prop rod then there is a perfect spot at the front of the engine bay for the Oil Catch Can as a couple of others have also pointed out. It fits above the V4 Intake without any issue and ensures cleaner/shorting hoses. I created a bracket from something I picked up at Home Depot which I will end up spray painting black. I also switched the side the Catch Can baffle was on so the hoses don't cross.

TheSalamander

Attachments

141 - 151 of 150 Posts