How To Install EUROCOMPULSION V1 Intake
I had an opportunity to try out the EUROCOMPULSION V1 intake, so I decided to write a brief tutorial for the install.
The factory ribbed intake tube on our cars is a bit restrictive and does not insulate against engine bay heat very well. EUROCOMPULSION has a V1 intake that solves both of those problems, reducing intake temps by ~9 degrees F on average, and increasing power by a peak of ~6HP.
- 10mm socket & ratchet
- Flathead screwdriver
- Phillips screwdriver or 9/32" (7mm should also work) hex socket bit
- Optional: Ft-lb torque wrench
EUROCOMPULSION FIAT 124 Spider V1 Intake
1. The V1 intake replaces the ribbed rubber tube you see here. To begin, remove the engine cover.
2. There are 7 points we will be disconnecting in this tutorial, marked below.
3. Begin by loosening the hose clamps at the two ends of the intake tube using either the Phillips screwdriver or 9/13"/7mm hex socket bit.
4. Using the pliers to open the hose clamp, remove the 90 degree elbow going into the top of the intake tube.
5. Using the 10mm socket, remove the bolt securing the PCV tube.
6. Using the pliers to open the hose clamp, remove the rubber hose from the PCV tube.
7. Disconnect the coolant hose running across the top of the intake by wedging a flathead screwdriver underneath the toothed fastener.
8. Once you have everything disconnected, pull the intake tube off of the turbo and air filter box, and pull the PCV tube out of the intake (this may take some twisting of the intake.
9. Fit the EUROCOMPULSION V1 Intake over the turbo and air box with the two clamps provided, and tighten clamps. No clamps are needed for the PCV tube or the 90 degree elbow; simply push those in and they will remain air-tight.
10. Re-install the rubber hose going into the PCV tube from step 6.
11. Re-install the bolt securing the PCV tube from step 5 and torque to approximately 12 ft-lb.
12. Re-install the engine cover.
89.1 KB Views: 3,841
127.5 KB Views: 3,855
91.9 KB Views: 3,772
79 KB Views: 3,580
48.1 KB Views: 3,579
90.2 KB Views: 2,553