Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what you need:
  • vinyl wrap (mine is black, but you can do whatever color looks cool on your car!)
  • double-sided tape (or any adhesive for car badges)
  • fishing line or dental floss
  • cleaning products and towels
  • scissors
  • xacto knife
Step 1: Dewax, clean and dry the emblem before you start.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Step 5: Use an xacto knife to cut out the shape of the center red part that says "FIAT", and leave the silver frame out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Step 6: VERY IMPORTANT!
BE VERY CAREFUL!
bend the "124" at each of its weak points (between each number) hard enough to make the plastic bend, and NOT HARD ENOUGH to snap it in half!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Step 7: Apply double-sided tape, and make sure the tape has good contact with the badge (ignore the glue residue underneath, i tried to use super glue but it didn't work, i had to clean the numbers and it took me FOREVER!)

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Step 8: Use the xacto knife to cut the tape in the gaps between each letters (basically to outline the contour of the numbers so it looks good and professional)

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
Very Good...The only thing I would NOT do is remove the rear "124Spider" badge, "to me" that also states what I am proud to own, ebay sell silver plastic 124 badges in different fonts, the rest of your idea, Brilliant ! and suits the Spider perfectly. Again Very Well Done...Cheers
ron

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Funny . I removed the badge as I like a clean look but then added side stripes with 124 on them anyway hahaha.

·
Registered
2018 124 spider in bianco gelatno white. (stock for now)
13 Posts
interesting so the front badge can be remove easy with what dental floss? what's there ones it removed. I'm guessing it's the back trunk emblem that has the holes. and is harder to remove. I like a clean look on a car. more or likely Id remove front emblem then get the 124 towhook emblem and clean the back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts